We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TopShop Shopping Spree

Houston
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
TopShop Shopping Spree

I recently read a post from someone regarding a shopping spree at TopShop but I can't seem to find it now. It was something about paying 150GBP and being able to spend 100 of it. Help?

I'm not 100% sure it was from TopShop, so if it was another place, just let me know.

Savage London
Gift & Speciality Shops
Broadway Market
Flea & Street Markets
Oxfam Bookshop
Gift & Speciality Shops
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

Yeah, they do that at the Oxford Circus Top Shop (don't ask me how I know that).

The link is too long to post in here, so google "topshop london shopping spree" and click the first result.

Mentioned in this post
The Oxford Hotel
The Oxford Hotel
307 Reviews
London, UK
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

http://tinyurl.com/2jjb57

"To Buy a Shopping Spree follow the directions below or call

0845 124 1144 for more information."

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

I went to the website and found the following benefit - 'Have your hair washed and blow dried into one of seven fabulous styles including Super-Straight, Wavy Gravy and My Kinda Pony'

Had to laugh at some of the hairstyle names - Wavy Gravy - lol.

London
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

It's £150 normally, but £135 through these sites at the moment:

www.redletterdays.co.uk/Experience/Ref/XTPRO

www.enjoyenglanddirect.com/detail.aspx…

If you can be bothered to search, you can often find discount codes eg SPENDLESS for redletter days, but don't know if it will work.

Cheers

Elaine

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

I am thinking:

I always buy stuff from Top Shop, I would love to have someone to de-frizz my hair, I never say no to free cake...

...can I buy it for myself?

Thalia

London
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

Have just checked LondonLass' link and it seems much better than mine...thanks.

The only difference appears to be that my link gives champagne to you and a slice of your money to the middleman.

In answer to Thalia: if you plan to spend £100 there anyway, how can you not buy it for yourself?!

Cheers

Elaine

Westside
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

There are TopShops all over UK (and some in Europe too). The Oxford Street branch is their flagship store - it is huge, and if you have teenagers + they can spend half a day in there.

Is it worth giving TopShop $70 or $100 just to tell you what to buy? My family don't need help. They just shop and shop, knowing what they want - and keep on going until the bank card crumbles under their onslaught. Y

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Oxford Street
Oxford Street
4,249 Reviews
London, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

I've never really understood the appeal of TopShop. It's a vasty hellhole of a place, selling poorly manufactured tat at higher prices than similar tat in more honestly downmarket shops like Hennes and Primark.

The prices in TopShop often seem to approach those of House Of Fraser and Debenhams, where you can buy things of much better quality without breaking the bank.

Mentioned in this post
Primark
Primark
54 Reviews
London, UK
Debenhams
Debenhams
260 Reviews
London, UK
Westside
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

Nick - You do not give your age or gender on your TA profile - but this is how it is .....you are not one of the millions of skinny young things that frequent TopShop. You are not likely to understand them. Stating the obvious - like the clothes are poor quality, etc etc does not work. The place is a hit with girls.

Just accept that fact and move on. :)

London
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TopShop Shopping Spree

I'm on your side, Nick, but "they" love it there and the VIP tour is apparently, a real treat - much more than just helping choose clothes, Gibraltarr, if you like that kind of thing.

The new link from LondonLass is an absolute win win, as it appears that you give them say £100 and the only commitment is that you have to spend £100....and get a free hairstyle + drinks...sounds really ghastly and absolutely not for me either, but shall be buying it for my niece's 18th birthday next month.

Cheers

Elaine