We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

bangkok
11 posts
Save Topic
Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

Anyone have ever visit inside the palace ??? Good to see ?? Or see only outside is enough?

Please advise

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

Its certainly nice to see inside Buckingham Palace and it is very spectacular. However, i was dissapointed as, if you didn't already know who lived there, there was nothing personal about the place. Other stately homes in the UK that are lived in have photos etc around the place etc.

I wouldn't bother doing it again.

Take some photos from the outside instead.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

I enjoyed going inside the palace. I didn't even notice the lack of personal effects around the rooms that you go around. It is quite a spectacular palace to look around and well worth the money. And although you see pictures of tea parties on the lawn on the TV sometimes, it is great to see just how much green space there is at the back of the palace that you wouldn't see otherwise.

I would definitely recommend it.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

I would also highly recommend a visit to Buckingham Palace since it's really a combination of a stately home, museum and art gallery.

This year a formal State Banquet setting will be the summer exhibit. Along with the Queen's Gallery, which has beautiful paintings and artwork, we were quite in awe of the building and the history.

www.royalcollection.org.uk/default.asp…

And, as mentioned, being able to see the grounds was another wonderful part of the tour.

I think you'd enjoy it very much.

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

I thought it was worth every penny. Our ticket took us to the mews first which is quite small but very, very interesting - make sure you stand close to guide so that you can hear everything he says. (There were no horses when we visited - they were on their summer holidays!) Then on to the Queens Gallery. Our entry ticket to the palace was for just after lunch (you cannot eat a picnic in the grounds - so we ate at a small cafe nearby), and I felt quite emotional. I think it is the thought that, this is used for so many events that we read about. It was very well organised. Leave some time to wander round the grounds - we didn't which was a great shame - although you have to walk through them to get out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,069 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

Seeing the exterior of the palace is definetely not sufficient. I would recomend that you purchase Royal day out ticket and see everything, starting with the Royal Mews, followed by the Queen's Gallery and finally see the Palace. The whole experience will feel suitably royal. The recorded guided tour is very impressive, it has the appropriate sort of music as go through the different bits of the palace.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
418 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

It is so worth a visit, inside is spectacular words cannot describe the state rooms and priceless paintings. It is such a shame visiting times are only for a limited few weeks a year.

7. Re: Buckingham palace ,visit inside???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 20:18