We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

Hello all,

My fiance and I are thinking of going to London from Vancouver Canada over Labour Day Long weekend. We'd take a red-eye on Wed. September 4th and check in to a hotel near Trafalger square on Thursday the 5th - spend 3 nights, then fly home mid day, Monday September 8th.

What do you think - Is it worth it? Has anyone else done this before and what was your experience.

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

I'd do it. A little Gravol plus a glass of red (or white) after dinner, get some kip on the plane and hit the ground running on Thursday morning.

It will provide a wonderful alternate answer to the 'what did you do on the long weekend?' question, so if you can afford it then hop on the plane and enjoy four days of fun.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

I might sound like I'm advertising shoes but...

...JUST DO IT!!!!!

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

Dear K8bouch,

The shortest period of I've spent in London is 5 nights, but it was well worth it. Any way to add a couple of nights???

I one time spent the afternoon at the V&A Museum. On the way back to my hotel I thought, if I came all the way to London (from California) just to see the V&A and then got back on a plane home, it would be worth it... So I guess that's my answer-it's worth it!

Cheers,

BT

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

This September I will be flying into London on a Friday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon. Your trip sounds like paradise!! =)

Enjoy yourself!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

haha, thanks all! I am glad to get the answer I wanted to hear.

Need to scratch that travelling itch, and even a couple days I think will be worth it - We won't be able to REALLY see Europe until 2010 and I just can't wait that long!!!

Level Contributor
377 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

Hi,

I am doing 3 nights in May. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

I would go for a weekend if I could. Go and have a blast!

8. Re: 3 Nights, 4 days in London Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 17:16