We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

I am in communication with a rep from A Place Like Home to rent a flat in So. Ken. Please give me any feedback you have about this rental agency. I've searched all over the forum with good results but I thought I'd post as a last step before I make my decision to go with this agency.

Any information you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

There a many testimonials to be found using the search function:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=17&geo=186338&scope=2&q=a+place+like+home&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g186338-i17-London_England.html

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

ajeleonard, thanks for posting. i've used the search functions on trip advisor and found most of what i was looking for with regard to "a place like home." i was just hoping for a little more info from posters before i go ahead and book.

thanks again!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

No worries, just thought it more likely that you'll get useful info from what's already been said rather than relying on someone seeing this theard that's used them.

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

I've had wonderful experience with A Place Like Home. The staff is knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. The photos and descriptions of the properties are spot on. I've never been surprised or disappointed upon arrival. They usually provide several property options and can work with you to find the perfect place within your budget or based on your desired location (or both!). They offer different payment options as well, and the damage deposit is returned promptly - in about 2 weeks.

If you have any other specific questions, I'll be glad to reply.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

Hi Aunt D,

Thanks for posting. Truthfully, my husband is a little put off that we'd have to pay all of the money 60 days prior to arrival. So if there's an issue, we won't be holding any cards so to speak. I think this is somewhat standard practice to rent a flat. Obviously you didn't have any problems, which I'm very glad to hear, but I don't know how to convice hubby that we'll be okay!

SoCal
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

I am also using APLH for our trip this September, basd on the good reviews here but also on a personal friend that used them in 2005 and had nothing but great things to say about their service and their flat.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

that's great news! thanks for posting.

8. Re: A Place Like Home Rental Agency - info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 01:19