We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ufc

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
6 posts
Save Topic
ufc

hi me and my fiance are goin to ufc in june. Just wondering which is the best airport to fly into for goin to the o2 arena. I've heard it's london city but flights from belfast to it are double the price than any other london airport!! would appreciate some advice! dawn

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ufc

maybe if your subject line said "O2 Arena" you might get better responses than to 'ufc' ? Wassat?

Yes it is London City airport - so what advice did you want? the other airports are further away and will cost more and take longer to get there, but I suppose you knew that?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ufc

Luton or Gatwick would be the most direct airports to use as you can get a train to London Bridge from where you can get a Tube to the O2 Arena at North Greenwich

But frankly there isn't much in it & I'd choose the one that gives you the best price / flight times especially if you are staying in Central London rather than at Greenwich

ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ufc

thanks for that really helpful advice mr wibble! a little less sarcasm wud be great

ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ufc

alanrow - thanks for your help gatwick is much cheaper to fly into than london city. roughly how long wud it take to get from gatwick to o2 arena? thanks again

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ufc

Under 40 minutes from Gatwick to Victoria; again about 40 minutes to the O2 arena, and allow a bit of waiting time between connections.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ufc

OK, I'll bite. Why does "ufc" mean the Dome/O2?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ufc

Dawn,

Gatwick to London Bridge takes about 30 minutes and there's a train about every 15 minutes during the day. Allow about 10 minutes to get to the tube station, get ticket and wait for tube. From London Bridge to North Greenwich on the Jubilee line will take about 20 minutes.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ufc

Nick - http://www.ufc.com/

Essex
Level Contributor
27,142 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ufc

OH I thought it was 'United Football Club' though your guess as good as mine as to WHICH particular 'United'!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ufc

Thanks, Alan. Like EW, my firsgt thought was "united Football Club", but therefater the best I could manage was "You <expletive> <expletive>".

It sounds dreadful. The reopening of the Dome has had a rather unpleasant effect on Greenwich.