We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Friends in London - Help

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Friends in London - Help

Planning a trip to London next summer to visit friends and relatives...yep, planning way ahead!! I will be travelling with my wife and 2 sons, ages 18 amd 16. Looking for accomadation between Southgate and South Croydon.

What cities are in the middle between Southgate and South Croydon?

I am ideally looking for a B&B. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Friends in London - Help

Is the London Bridge Tube Station about in the middle between South Croydon and Southgate? If so, any good B&B's in the area close to London Bridge Tube Station?

Thanks again.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Friends in London - Help

All of London is between Southgate and South Croydon. Southgate is about 10 miles north of the centre of London; Croydon is about 15 miles south. Trains to South Croydon leave from London Victoria and Charing Cross. Both areas have lots of accommodations. For B&B type hotels, you should look at Victoria. You will find little or nothing around London Bridge.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Friends in London - Help

The whole of London is your Oyster! As Ron says, what is regarded as tourist London is in between the two suburbs where you have friends and relatives. London has 32 boroughs of which only 4 or 5 contain the main tourist sites. I would invest in a good guide book and map and pick out areas which sound promising.

Lodging in the suburbs can be much cheaper than in central London so you could consider dividing your time between the two areas or finding somewhere central that is suitable. Victoria has some excellent B&B's as well as some pretty awful ones. Other areas to consider are Bloomsbury and Kensington and with four of you an apartment may work out better value. When you have more of an idea about accommodation let us know what you are thinking and your budget (you will probably need two rooms in a hotel or B&B) and we may be able to make some suggestions.

To give you an idea, Southgate to Croydon by tube and train would probably take about an hour.

Hope that gets you started.

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com