We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We just got home today!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
Level Contributor
225 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
We just got home today!

We just got home today - we had a fantastic trip. The best part was the weather. We left on May 1 and came home on May 16 and we had sun and 70 just about the entire time! we had just a touch of rain our first and second days in London, but otherwise none.

I will do a full trip report in the next few days, but some of the highlights -

London was wonderful - I enjoyed it alot, there was so much to see. I visited the Tower of London, did one of the hop on / hop off tours, a walking tour that was wonderful, and the National Gallery. We also visited a lot of pubs!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn London Kings Cross and it was a great hotel! We had a really good rate which was why we chose it. Was a bit of a walk to the Underground station, but wasn't bad.

From there we moved to Edinburgh and the Beltane Apartment - it was wonderful and very central - it had 4 ensuite rooms, a kitchen living and dining room and a washer and dryer (nice for us because we were on day 5 and 6 and could do a wash!). It was a great apartment and the location was perfect - there was a bus station right next to the apartment, but we walked to everywhere we needed to including the castle and Royal Mile.

Then on to Fort William - stayed at the Buccleuch Bed and Breakfast - it was WONDERFUL. Loved the town too.

Then on to Elgin - stayed at the Pines Guest House. It was really nice - little bit of a walk into town, but easy.

Then to Ladybank. Redlands Country Lodge. Alan and Kate were the best hosts ever - very friendly and engaging. The rooms were great and there was a common room that we could all use too. Alan also recommended a place for dinner called the Village Inn which ended up being our best dinner of the entire trip. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B - it is very close to St. Andrews.

On to Dublin. Stayed at the Royal Marine Hotel - very nice and we easily got into Dublin using the busses.

Then on to Cashel for two nights - stayed at Ladyswell house which was very nice, with a view of the Rock from our room.

I will do a more detailed trip report later, but wanted to get the lodging info out - they were ALL great!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We just got home today!

WOW!!! I can't wait to read your report!!!!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We just got home today!

Wow!

This must have been a GREAT trip!

Can't wait for your report!

Thalia

3. Re: We just got home today!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 21:17