We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Debary
Level Contributor
976 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

I ordered tickets from the BBC site on May 25 for the final PROM in the Park on Sept. 10. I gave them my MasterCard # and info, and the site instructed that it wouldn't be charged until my tickets were processed. It also stated I would be notified whether I would get tickets or not within 28 days.

I still haven't received any notification from them, but I've received my Mastercard bill and there's a charge for the tickets on it. Yippee, it looks like we'll get to see Andrea Bocelli, but I don't have the tickets, and I don't want to pay for something I haven't received.

I sent an e-mail over a week ago to the site where I'd ordered the tickets, but STILL haven't received a reply. I can't find a phone number on the site, or I'd try to give them a call.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? If I pay the full bill, I'll have a hard time contesting the charges at a later date, and I feel uneasy paying for something I don't have! We REALLY want to go to this event, but I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,716 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

While i cant answer the question i will bump it up the page for you..

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

My experience with ordering tickets from Britain for other events has been that they tend not to be sent airmail. And these days the mail is slow, so it can take 8 weeks to get the tickets.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Did you use seetickets.com?

If so here's their customer services number 0871 220 0260.

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Try +44 20 7589 8212 which is the number for the ticket office at the Albert Hall dealing with the Proms tickets. If they can't help, they should be able to tell you someone who can.

Debary
Level Contributor
976 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Thanks for the help! No, I didn't use see.tickets, just went directly through the BBC website/Royal Albert Hall. Thanks for the RAH number, I'll give it a try. I can understand waiting a while to receive the tickets, but it seems they should at least let me know I'll BE getting them.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

I followed the booking procedure for two tickets right up to the 'enter payment details' bit via that BBC website, so it looks like there are still tickets available. Yours are probably just stuck in the post or maybe they don't post them until a certain date? I know they do that with some tickets, only releasing them a few weeks before.

As you paid for them via credit card then I'd think that the credit agency would be able to chase them up for you too. I'd try giving them a ring and see what they can do to help speed things up.

Topeka, KS, USA
Level Contributor
546 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Contact your cc company and explain the situation, and deny the charge until the tickets are delivered. You may need to follow up by mail. Ive had to do this a couple of times for other things and the cc company has always been very accomodating.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

This from the BBC Proms Website:

"All tickets for the BBC Proms are sold by the Royal Albert Hall Box Office. If you have a query about a booking you've made, the Royal Albert Hall Box Office asks that you telephone them direct on (0044) +020 7589 8212 (9am - 9pm, 7 days a week)"

If you have difficulty getting through please let me know (with the details) and I will try to reach them for you. If you prefer please e-mail me at adamhornets@yahoo.com

Debary
Level Contributor
976 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Thanks so very much to all for your help! I'll try contacting both the RAH number and my cc company and keep you updated. Cheers!

Debary
Level Contributor
976 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Experts - Help needed with undelivered PROM tickets!

Well, here's what the problem was:

I contacted Royal Albert Hall by phone this AM, spoke to a very friendly and polite young man and told him my situation. He very quickly found my name, said yes, indeed, our request has been processed, and the reason for no tickets is that they haven't been printed yet. In fact, the design for the tickets hasn't been selected!

He suggested that we pick them up at the RAH tickets kiosk at Hyde Park on the day of the concert, rather than risk not getting them in the mail before we leave, so that's what we'll do. Once again, you all are the best - thanks!