We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail link from South to North Terminal

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rail link from South to North Terminal

Does anyone know the reliability recently of the Rail link from Gatwick South Terminal to Gatwick North Terminal. Would it be easier to get a taxi straight to the North Terminal?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail link from South to North Terminal

I'm slightly confused by your question. When you ask "would it be easier to get a taxi...", do you mean that you would be starting at the South terminal and just get a taxi to North Terminal? If so, then the answer is no. The link is a shuttle transit system, journey time a couple of minutes and they run extremely frequently (you won't have to wait more than a very few minutes). It's very easy to use, quick and efficient and although it's a year or more since I last used it, I'm not aware of any recent reliability issues, and I'd be surprised if there were any.

Of course, if there's been some big kerfuffle about the whole thing being terribly unreliable, that I've somehow missed, then please ignore the above.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail link from South to North Terminal

I can't really imagine a taxi being terribly eager to drive you from one terminal to the other especially as it would take twice as long when compared to the light rail link.

Last time I was there around 9.00am I noticed they were only running one train as opposed to the normal two so the wait was slightly longer than usual but that was some weeks ago.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail link from South to North Terminal

from the gatwick airport site.

Transferring to the North Terminal is simple with our free automatic train which operates every three minutes with a journey time of two minutes. The transit station is located on the first floor in the North Terminal and adjacent to the main railway station in the South Terminal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rail link from South to North Terminal

Reliability - Very Reliable. ") no it wouildn't be easier to catch taxi

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rail link from South to North Terminal

If, however, you mean is it easier to get a taxi to the S terminal and then the maglev to the N. terminal, instead of a taxi all the way, then no, it's not. If you are arriving by taxi from outside the airport, just have your taxi drop you at the N. terminal, if that's where you need to be.

6. Re: Rail link from South to North Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 10:18