We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations near Tower Bridge

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations near Tower Bridge

Does anyone have suggestions on restaurant to visit within walking distance of Tower Bridge?

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations near Tower Bridge

Any more clues on what you are looking for. Budgets? Cuisines? There are plenty of restaurants in the city which would be within easy walking distance. Also, are you looking at weekdays or weekends?

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations near Tower Bridge

On the south (City Hall) side of Tower Bridge -- right on Tower Bridge Road (the road which goes over the bridge) there are a number of bistros etc....many of which looked very good. I ate at one whose name I cannot remember and felt like I was miles away from any tourist hubhub -- which I appreciated.

You'll do fine exploring your options there and picking what suits you.

There are additional restuarants down under the bridge along the pedestrian passage there as well.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations near Tower Bridge

Cafe Spice Namaste on Prescot Street - award winning Indian cuisine.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations near Tower Bridge

There's a nice Italian restaurant called The Don, first place to come to if you cross Tower Bridge southbound. Just down Tooley Street (south over the river and turn right) is an excellent Chinese called The Great Wall.

There are also numerous restaurants in St.Katherines Dock which is on the Tower side behind the Thistle hotel, although I haven't eaten in any of them for years and can't say if they're any good. The setting is very pretty though, especially on a nice Summer evening, with lots of huge posh boats to ogle and swans, ducks and cormerants (which I'm sure I've spelt wrong).