We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check the Last Post date before replying!!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
Save Topic
Check the Last Post date before replying!!

It looks like TA has been deleting some posts from old threads and this has caused these old threads now to occupy the first 2 pages with current posts relegated to page 3.

So, before replying to a thread, check the date of the thread to make sure it's current.

You would have thought TA would have worked out a way to stop this happening by now.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

Yeah, you'd think. Thanks, Mick. :o)

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
747 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

Ah that explains it - I was beginning to think someone was playing games!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

I'm all in favor of TA - it has been very helpful - but those guys definitely do not know much about information management.

We should only learn to live with them.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

Actually I would check the first (original post date) - this will nearly always identify if it's a current topic or just one that people have added to. The last (recent) post may just add to the problem as TonyMoco's thread on creative ways to stay in the Uk shows.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

The old threads on page 1 all seemed to have had a post removed (today?) and to be about lodging. Do you suppose Tripadvisor has expunged a business or has a poster been excommunicated?

usa
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

I think it is just people who are looking at old threads and responding to them, which brings them to the current date. Doesn't seem that strange to me!

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

There's only one thing worse thn bumping up old posts and that's bumping up old posts about old posts.

9. Re: Check the Last Post date before replying!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 08:17