We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spitalfields

Blankenberge...
Level Contributor
165 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Spitalfields

Hi everyone. I will be in London for 3 days next week.

I heard the Spitalfields area is rather trendy nowadays.

Any advice on that part of the city please.

Patrick

London
Level Contributor
287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spitalfields

There's been a lot of redevelopment, which depending on how you view the World, has either been a good or a bad thing.

Spitalfields is East London on the edge of the financial district ('The City') - nearest tube station would be Liverpool Street. Some nice places to eat and drink, a market etc and you're close to Brick Lane, Shoreditch/Hoxton; which are good for drinking and eating. If you visit on a Sunday then Columbia Road flower market is close by which is quite a nice spot to visit if you're in the area.

Decent location to stay in depending on what you want out of your trip. Easy enough to get straight into the West End and down to all the sights due to good transport links from Liverpool Street, and walking distance from some of the best bars in London (if you're into hanging out with creative/arty/DJ types rather)

London
Level Contributor
287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spitalfields

I meant to add that if you're interested in architecture, it's just up the road from the Gherkin, Lloyds Building, Leadenhall Market, Royal Exchange etc, so if you're over that way then you can see a few things at the same time and then have a drink/lunch dinner around Stitalfields.

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spitalfields

Also, great for bric-a-brac type street marrkets, and the trendy-ish Old Spitalfield's Market. You'll also find the Sunday(Up)Market at the Old Truman's Brewery. If you don't mind crowds it's a fun weekend thing to do.

I ususally stay at the City Hotel which is on Osborn St (the end of Brick Lane.} It's just a block away from the Aldgate East Tube Sta. There's also an Ibis Hotel on Commercial Street, and a TraveLodge that's close to the Liverpool St Station. If you're looking for more upscale accommodations there's the Great Eastern Hotel and Threadneedles.

Oh, and there are plenty of pubs.

4. Re: Spitalfields

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 08:18