We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Topic
Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

Hi,

Wonder if someone could give me some advice. I will be attending an event in the Excel Arena in July and currently deciding on a hotel to stay in. What I would like is a hotel, reasonable in price, within walking distance to the arena with a Restaurant and a Bar (with plenty Guinness ;-).

I have drawn up a short-list and looking at any suggestions based on my criteria above and the best value for money.

Premier Inn Docklands

Ibis Docklands

Ramada

Crowne Plaza

Britannia International Hotel

Any assistance would be great and appreciated.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

Having been to excel many times for Events attracting 13000 people (and that's small by Excel standards)I'd say book anywhere you can get!

On-site Hotels fill up VERY quickly!

My fave is the PTI - if I can get in - bar & restaurant are OK.

If full, the London City Airport Travelodge (about a 10 minute stroll across the Dock) would be next on the VFM scale. Ramada is OK but pricey for smallish rooms.

Money not an issue then go for the Crowne Plaza (nice pool & lovely bar / breakfast etc) or the Novotel.

A

Cork
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

Thanks very much for that.

Which hotel is the PTI?

About £50 between the premier inn and crowne plaza, is it worth it for 1 night?

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

PTI = Premier Travel Inn.

I'd opt for that over the Ramada, but they're both fine. Breakfast is not included at the PTI - about £7 on top for Full English. It's included at the Ramada.

They're opposite one another, but if you're really shattered the Premier Inn is about 10 yards less to walk to reception from Excel!

Ramada overlooks the Dock.

A

Cork
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

Thanks for your help, I have booked the Premier Travel Inn.

5. Re: Help with choosing hotel near Excel Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 12:21