We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

Hi

Would anyone know if there is a left luggage service in Bond Street Tube Station, or on Oxford Street? We will need to store our bags for a few hours in the afternoon in that area. The service should be reputable!

Thanks in Advance.

Herts
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

I don't know of any in Oxford Street, as most tourists would leave their luggage in their hotel. There are left luggage facilities at most of the main London Railway termini and I know for sure there are at Kings Cross and Euston stations, which are 2 and 3 stops north on the Victoria line respectively.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

The museums in the area all send customers who turn up with luggage or even large rucksacks to the left luggage service at Victoria Station. I'm afraid that will be the nearest place for you to leave luggage.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

If you have a bag that's carryon size or smaller, then head for the British Library.

There are lockers in the cloakroom, on the lower ground floor; the largest locker is about 28in high, 14in wide and 16in deep. You'll need pound coins for the lockers, and I think (can't remember with complete certainty) that you get your pound back when you remove your goods from the locker.

If your bags are larger than the specs noted above, you'll need to use the left luggage services at Victoria, Paddington or King's Cross. The Excess Baggage Company operates left luggage rooms at each station; the charge is £6.50 per piece for every 24 hours or part thereof.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

there is also I believe a left luggage place at Charing cross station

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

Thanks a mill for your prompt replys.

6. Re: Left Luggage - Bond Street Tube or on Oxford Street?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 05:30