We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

We're coming from Frankfurt and will get in to Victoria station about 7:30 or 8am. We'll at least check in to the hotel though our room won't be ready. Luckily we won't have jet lag, but wonder what there is to do at that hour besides a nice walk. We'll be in the Southwark area. Any suggestions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

The walk along the Thames at Southwark, between Tower Bridge or London Bridge and Waterloo Bridge is quite interesting, and you'll probably have a chance to have breakfast somewhere along it. By 09.30 most shops wil be open, and by 10.00 most museums, galleries and historic buildings will be open.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
716 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

Portobello Market will be going strong if you tube to the Notting Hill station.

tbb

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

Borough Market in Southwark will be in full swing. Its a foodie's paradise and you could sit and have breakfast there, as well as look at all the lushious food and drinks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

What a splendid idea!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

Great ideas all of them! I read Portobello might be open as early as 5:30am(!)- I'm sure to set up. I bet we'll find something for breakfast then before hitting the museums.

Thanks everyone.

UK
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

Definitely go to Borough Market, 8.30 am is the time to visit it, before the hordes descend and it should be within walking distance of your hotel. It's a wonderful place to find breakfast.

vienna
Level Contributor
206 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

Such a treasure : early morning in London - the best, I love it ! I'd definitely go for the Borough market (if you'll be near, anyway) : have a breakfast there and watch. And I love the early walks in Hyde Park...

8. Re: ideas for what to do early Sat mornings? 8:30am or so?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 17:16