We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chez gerard london

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
chez gerard london

can anyone advise me off the price off the pre -theatre dinner at chez gerard london

thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chez gerard london

Their web-site should have the details. They also do combined pre-theatre meals and tickets for shows.

http://chezgerardrestaurants.eolts.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chez gerard london

I haven't done a pre-thatre dinner there, but I find Chez Gerard over-priced for mediocre food and poor service

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chez gerard london

They do vary - I liked the Covent Garden branch - but would avoid the Victoria one

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chez gerard london

Check the access for the Covent Garden branch. If I remember, they have steep stairs which might not be suitable for your party.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chez gerard london

can u recommend anywhere near apollo theatre of luna and simone hotel thanks again

UK
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chez gerard london

For somewhere really special you could go to Rules in Maiden Lane www.rules.co.uk about £50 a head and worth every penny but you need to book plenty in advance and NB it's for people who really like meat!

I agree with Nick re Chez Gerard, if you go to Bertorelli's in Floral Street, Covent Garden right next to the opera house (it's in the same group as Chez Gerard) the food is much better. See www.santeonline.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: chez gerard london

I think the pre-theatre meal is £13.50/£16.75 for 2 or 3 courses, though, as you found, I couldn't see it on their website. The really yummy bread with flavoured butters adds £1.95 each, I think.

Worth contacting them to ask the prices and do keep it on your list of places worth consideration if you fancy what is offerred on the limited set meal; it is very good and is great value, though a la carte is expensive.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: chez gerard london

£50 a head is abit out of our price range as i ve had to fork out for flights and £60 for tickets

London
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: chez gerard london

I may not have made it clear that the set meal I mentioned was Chez Gerard's.

Although I agree with the 2 critics that the a la carte is expensive and sometimes the service isn't always great; however, the restaurant is very nice and the pre-theatre meal is fantastic value and very good.

See what other opinions you get before deciding.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: chez gerard london

thank you elaine ,that does sound like god value,i shall email them 2 check prices