We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

Hi,

I was hoping somebody could tell me the easiest way to get to the Grange Blooms Hotel next to the Brish Museum from Heathrow airport. I've heard of people taking the train into London from the airport, but is that feasible when you have a whole bunch of luggage to drag around?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

The easiest way is a taxi which you get at the rank outside arrivals, second easiest is a prebooked car which will be about 1/2 to 2/3 the price. Skim through this forum and you'll see the same four or five prebooked car services keep coming up.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

How much baggage? If you have a check through size bag and a rollaboard, you may be able to deal with the stairs at Russell Square (there are eleven) from the lift level to the train platform, as there are escalators and lifts at all three Tube stations at Heathrow.

Alternately you can take a taxi to Paddington for the Heathrow Express or Heathrow Connect, but by the time you have done that you'll pay the same amount (possibly a bit more) than if you hired a car service.

You should be able to find a car service for 27 - 30GBP from WC1 to LHR.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

Simply airports are a good car service

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

I was just looking on the Underground website and it looks like I can catch a train at Heathrow that goes directly to Russell Square -- We're staying at the Grange Blooms Hotel. Is that correct?

Not sure how far of a walk that is, but if it's only a block two I'm sure the exercise wouldn't hurt either one of us, especially if we can get narrow our luggage down.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

Indeed you do, take the Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Russell Square, no changes and a short walk at the end of the 45 minute tube ride. That line has plenty of space for luggage as well, and costs around £4 each one way

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

The Grange Blooms hotel is on Montague Street which is a short walk through Russell Square Gardens from the tube and is no more than 5 minutes walk. The link below is a map of the area with the arrow showing roughly where the hotel is and Russell Square tube station is shown as well.

The Gardens may be closed if you arrive in the evening but you can just walk around the outside to Montague Street.

http://tinyurl.com/5bwtqj

7. Re: easiest way to get from Heathrow to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 15:18