We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

premier league tix on dec 28

chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
premier league tix on dec 28

hello all, we are a family of four football hounds who want to see a premier league match while we are in london over the NY holiday. I see that there are a couple of possible games that day, Arsenal v Portsmouth and Fulhamn v Chelsea. how do I get tickets? I am willing to pay $$ if need be. please help! :)

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: premier league tix on dec 28

Hi Marcus,

Premier League games are notoriously difficult to get tickets to and those two games will almost certainly be a sell-out. Normally Fulham is a good bet but the local derby with Chelsea will be a benefit for ticket touts (or scalpers as you call them) despite the illegality of what they do.

Arsenal do have an American supporters club so it might be worth trying that route and there is one other possibility that day in East London with West Ham taking on Stoke. Again not easy and tickets won't go on sale until around the end of November but this forum does have a couple of Hammers fans who contribute and they may spot this thread.

There are also agencies (many of them based in the US) who claim they can get tickets for pretty much any Premier League game but they seem to charge at least twice the face value and there is no way that they can guarantee getting tickets.

One final option is the Championship game between QPR and my team Watford who have a University of Chicago alumni in centre half Jay DeMerit. Located in west London, Loftus Road is a tightly packed ground so the atmosphere will be good especially as it's a local derby. Being Christmas tickets will sell quickly but I am may be able to help as long as you are happy to support the Hornets! Please let me know if you need more help.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,242 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: premier league tix on dec 28

Hi

I am one of those West Ham fans that Adam refers to!

Tickets for West Ham .v. Stoke should be your best bet. One snag is you may need to join the members club (£30 per annum) which will give you a very good chance of tickets. Keep an eye on www.whufc.com around end of October for ticket info. They use Ticketmaster to sell their tickets so you will need to pay a booking fee (which has been greatly reduced this season, thankfully) and you will be looking at £35 upwards for a ticket. For some games, we do 'kids for a quid' where children under 16 get in for £1 if accompanied by adults. Stoke will probably be one of these games.

The area around West Ham's ground is a bit gritty, high Asian population so if you fancy a curry you'll be in the right place. Alternatively, you might want to wander around to Barking Road and try our native East London dish of jellied eels, pie, mash and liquor (green sauce)

We also have an American player, Jonathan Spector who gets a few games.

The stadium, Upton Park, holds around 36,000 and is known for it's atmosphere, banter and singing, especially when we're winning :-)

West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: premier league tix on dec 28

Like Adam said Arsenal do have an American supporters club so you might want to give that route a try. Although its $20 for a premium membership which gives you access to match tickets and your whole family would have to become premium members. So that would be $80 plus the cost of the tickets. I believe the supporters club only gets a limited number of tickets for each game so it very well could be sold out by now.

If I were you I would try the West Ham game or the Watford Championship match. I don't think you will be disappointed by either of those two choices. If you can't make it to Arsenal you could always book a tour of the Emirates instead. Good luck!

4. Re: premier league tix on dec 28

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:21