We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

Hi

We are staying in City Inn Westminster this 29-31st Aug

We would really appreciate any advice on good resteraunts and travel suggestions to get there if they are not walkable!!!

We love good Jamaican, Chinese or Italian food.

Also are there any good bars or clubs nearby...or where is good to go in London and how long would it take to get there!?!

Many thanks for any suggestions

Caz

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.60*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
627 reviews
from US$100.30*
London, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

You are a little bit off the track out there (tucked right behind MI5's head office, I believe).

Victoria is a brief walk away but has very little in the way to offer, especially compared to the bright lights of the West End.

However, you are only a 20min walk from Trafalgar Square at the heart of it all. This walk will take you along the river front and then past Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Whitehall and Downing Street...so not too dull for a visitor!

As for specific restaurants, I'll leave that to the experts as that changes on a monthly basis.

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

many thanks!

any other suggestions or advice from other is also welcome thanks?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

Pacha is I think the only club around Victoria; you are also a short bus journey over the river to the Ministry of Sound.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

It's well worth heading to Chinatown if you want Chinese restaurants. The area around Gerard Street is packed full of Chinese restaurants. It's just about walkable from where you're staying, but I would guess about half an hour's walk.

I have no specific recommendations when you're in Chinatown, but as a general rule look for the ones that have lots of Chinese people eating in them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

Is Pacha very close to Victoria Station? Went into one club around there for a few post-pub drinks recently, handed over the deeds to a kidney to get in....only to find we were the only ones in!

6. Re: Club and restaurant advice Westminster to central London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:29