We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

Tralee,Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

Can anyone give me info on distances between gates at Stansted Airport. I'm looking at flying from kerry to Stansted, scheduled to arrive at 17.55 and catching an onward flight to Reus at 18.50.

Is this achieveable? I have no idea how far apart the gates are. I will only have cabin baggage and will have checked in online. Will I have to go through passport control and through security at Stansted even if I'm only in transit? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

There is no such thing as transit at STN - BUT as you are coming from Ireland there is no passport control.

If I was you I'd do online check-in for both flights, then praythat there are no delays as you barely have time to make the connection if everything goes right

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

A Ryan air don't guarantee connections I would say that less than 1 hour is pushing it.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

Ryan Air advise that checkin closes 40 minutes prior to flight departure. If checked in online above probably does not apply but their site advised that you should be at gate 30 mins prior to departure - gate closes 10 mins prior to departure.

Last time I used Stansted there were lengthy queues for security. If your incoming flight is delayed or you encounter delays at the airport in reaching departure gate Ryan Air will not accept responsibility - are you prepared to re-book (and pay for) next flight and possible overnight accommodation in event of 'connection' not being met?

5. Re: Stansted Airport-Transferring between Ryanair flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 15:19