We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

Is it possible to land at Heathrow T4 @ 12:30 pm, get baggage, clear customs and be at St Pancras for a 18:00 Eurostar departure?

What is the fastest mode/route of transport?

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

Yes, provided your flight isn't delayed by too much.

The easiest route is to take the Piccadilly Line on the Tube, which goes straight from Heathrow to Kings Cross/St Pancras. It may be slightly quicker to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then either Tube or taxi to St Pancras, but the Tube will be easier and cheaper. It should take a little over an hour.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,397 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

Is it possible? Probably.

Depends on when you're travelling and if you're willing to spend a bit of money to make the process go faster.

The Heathrow Express does not call at T4, but Heathrow Connect does. Connect is a stopping train, taking about 25 - 30 minutes from T4 to Paddington; fare is £6.90. Trains run twice an hour; see the link below.

heathrowconnect.com/docs/HC_Leaflet_ToHeathr…

To take the HEX you'd need to go to T1,2,3 and catch it there - by the time you will have done that, you'd be better off taking Connect.

From Paddington you can either take the Underground or a taxi to St Pancras. If you wish to take the Tube (£4 single) it's fairly uncomplicated - there is an escalator down from the main concourse at Paddington to the Tube ticket hall, and the walk to the eastbound Circle / Hammersmith & City line is at grade, with no stairs.

Alternately, if you're through passport control, have your bags and are ready to leave T4 at 1330 - 1400, the Tube will take you to King's Cross (about five minutes' walk from St Pancras Eurostar departures) in an hour. The Piccadilly line goes right to King's Cross, no change of train is needed. Total journey cost £4.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,588 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

Might be simpler just to get a flight from LHR to Paris,...You could be there by 18,00

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

"Might be simpler just to get a flight from LHR to Paris,...You could be there by 18,00"

I knew this comment was coming! :)

Please explain that to my frequent flyer program and tell them to open up seats to Paris!!

My uncle is going to meet us in Europe after we will have been in London for 6 days. I tried and tried to get him a flight to Paris, but it was not in the cards. The best I could do was a "free" flight to London where he can join us for the trip on the Eurostar... Thanks!

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

Actually, perhaps a paid fare from LHR to Paris would be a better option... I'll check into that and see if the cost is cheaper than a one-way Eurostar ticket.

(Although the chunnel is probably a neat experience if one can get the chance)

Thanks again!

6. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar in 4.5 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 14:19