We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gelato in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA, USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Gelato in London

I remember on our last trip to London coming across a wonderful little Italian Gelato store just off Covent Garden. We are visiting again in December (I do realise this may not be the best time for ice cream!) but was curious as to Londoner's favourite or secret ice cream/gelato parlours in central London.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Mike

London
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gelato in London

If you are visiting Camden Lock, try Marine Ices opposite Chalk Farm station. They've been there for ever and are terrific.

CA, USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gelato in London

Thanks for the info, we'll keep it in mind. If my memory serves me right there is a Gelato bar in Harrods too right?

Mike

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gelato in London

Mike, there's a gelato place called Scoop in Shorts Gardens, a couple of blocks north of the piazza at Covent Garden. I had some excellent gelato there once. They also sell Italian pastries and coffee.

http://www.scoopgelato.com/index.html

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gelato in London

Any time is a good time for ice cream, although others' views will definitely vary.

If you can't find a gelateria or ice cream shop that suits, head for the grocery store. Bottle Green sorbets and lollies are quite delicious, and a bit of elderflower sorbet in December could remind anyone of summer. www.bottle-green.co.uk/simply_sorbet.asp http://www.bottle-green.co.uk/push_ups.asp

Green & Black's offer mini pots of organic ice cream and ice cream bars - yummy. www.greenandblacks.com/uk/categories.php…

CA, USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gelato in London

Thats the one we came across- Scoop! Tiny place just around from Covent Garden, right? Thank you also for the links TravellerPlus, I personally couldn't agree more:

"Any time is a good time for ice cream"

Mike

New York
Level Contributor
858 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gelato in London

Here is my post from April's visit.

Stop in a great Gelato place on my recent trip to London last week, Scoops at 40 Shorts Gardens www.scoopgelato.com they take credit cards, no rest room and a few seats inside but very good gelato. Open 10-9pm, Summer 9am -11pm.

UK
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gelato in London

Marine Ices by Chalk Farm tube is wonderful, and you can walk down to Camden market or get the tube up to Hampstead afterwards.

CA, USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gelato in London

Thank you for the helpful information.

We'll be visiting Scoop again and the place in Chalk Farm sounds interesting but looking at a map it may be a little out of the area we'll be in. I remember there being a large ice cream parlour in Leicester Sq; has anyone tried this place out? I think it would make a great afternoon stop to find a place where our teens could go to have one of those huge ice cream desserts.

Mike

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gelato in London

I haven't been, but a friend of mine who lives in Kensington rates Oddono's in South Kensington:

trustedplaces.com/review/…1g9bc7

Meanwhile, reading this will further tempt you:

timeout.com/london/…3329.html

CA, USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gelato in London

Thank you for such a great post theartgirl, that was a great article and I am grateful for you taking the time to find that. I see from reading the link that we should have more than enough places to visit- we pretty much have a parlour to try out each day of our stay!

Many thanks,

Mike