We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

Special occasion coming up, and thinking of treating myself and a friend by getting a "room with a view" of the Thames at the City Inn in Westminster - preferably looking east down the river towards the London Eye.

Anyone able to comment??

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

Hi Feline charm,

While I cannot personally answer your question, I am bumping it up in hope that someone who does have recent experience with this hotel may see your post and offer information.

You may have seen the following thread which contains some information relevant to your question:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k22152…

Hope this helps and good luck with your trip!

Louise

London, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

For an alternate 'room with a view', how about the Guoman in the City?

Every room has a spectacular view of either St. Katherines Dock, Tower Bridge or the Tower of London (many rooms also have views of both bridge and Tower) and you'll be able to specify which view you want at the rates you are considering. The view from the main bar is stunning.

It may not be the most attractive building for its location but the facilities, views and location certainly make up for that.

Transport into the centre can be by boat, bus or tube and all stop at various points around the Tower. There's also a DLR station nearby which can take you directly to Docklands and Greenwich.

As a little bonus, the bus route is one of the few remaining that still uses the classic Routemaster bus and the journey into the centre is via St.Pauls, the Royal Courts of Justice, Fleet Street, The Strand and Trafalgar Square.

london
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

I agree with the above poster about the Guoman Tower hotel being a better option. It certainly beats the City Inn for views and there are also numerous restaurant options nearbye.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

Thanks! That's very helpful.

5. Re: City Inn Westminster: good views from the Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 18:20