We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from London

dm08
1 post
Save Topic
Day trips from London

I am going to London on business next week and will have a free day on Sunday, September 28th. I have a car and would like to take a day trip out of the city. I have been to the ususal tourist spots Bath,Cambrdige,Stonehenge and would like to do something different. Any suggestions?

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from London

You could try Leeds Castle, Canterbury and Rochester, all in nearby Kent. There are endless small towns on the way there (M20) and back (M2).

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from London

Why not try East Anglia? Constable Country, the Suffolk Coast (eg Aldeburgh, Southwold), medieval Suffolk villages, Framlingham, Norwich, the choices are endless. The driving is easier than elsewhere because most of East Anglia is not on the way to any large population centres.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
525 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from London

The south coast (Brighton, Eastbourne, Hastings)

Arundel or Lewes (cute old towns, but probably much will be closed on Sundays) & Brighton (lively resort but Pavilion/plenty of history as well).

Imperial War Museum Duxford (very large air museum) - there's a historic bus show on the 28th as well as the museum ... well you asked for different ...

Oxford & Blenheim Palace? (there's some sort of bicycle race on that day)

Surrey County Ploughing Match

visitsoutheastengland.com/site/whats-on/worl…

Flat Racing at Ascot that weekend

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,566 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from London

Churchills old home at Chartwell in Kent

Follow by Hever Castle

then perhaps Tunbridge Wells

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from London

I have been to Brighton, (from London) 4 times and can't get enough of it, just the most fun beach town. Go out on the Pleasure Pier.

I also think you will love Hever Castle, the gardens themselves are worth driving out for and Tunbridge Wells is a cute, cute little town as well. Happy Travels!

6. Re: Day trips from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 18:20