We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

Is it possible to squeeze four into a triple in a travelodge? I mean even if we have 1 sleep on the floor? Would it be possible to sneak past the front desk to get 4 people into one room? Trying to be ridiculously cheap here. Thanks!

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

I don't know.

However, Bankside House near Tate Modern and the Globe has a quad room for £99 from June through September:

lsevacations.co.uk/residences/bankside.htm

It's university accommodation but probably better than travelodge.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

It might be a bit tricky. In fact it would be more than a bit tricky, especially at one of the newer TLs; here's why.

At the TL City Road and Southwark one checks in at Reception and gets the room key. With that key one opens a door leading to the lifts and guest rooms. The only way to the lifts at City Road is to walk past Reception, but that stage can be bypassed at the Southwark property.

The family rooms usually have one king sized bed plus a sleeper sofa, but the sofa is designed for one person only.

I'd not wish to chance it, but YMMV.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

Didn't know Travelodge did triples - theirfamily rooms have a double bed plus a sofa that has a pull out section making 3 adult beds plus a child's bed.

As for OP - you've spent god knows how much money crossing the Atlantic yet you are willing to commit a CRIMINAL act (it's called fraud) in order to save a few dollars.

If you are that cheap why don't you just find some park benches to sleep on

Malta
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

Why would you want to do that? You won't save anything. Travelodge charge the same fee for double and for family rooms. For all I know, a single person can book a family room, gain a lot more space and not pay a penny more.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

Bring a sleeping bag, then one of you can sleep on the street.

If you bring a musical instrument you may busk and leave here with more money than you came with. :-)

Stoofer

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

If your budget is so tight then consider a hostel instead of a hotel. It will probably be more comfortable than squeezing into a too-small room at a Travelodge.

I do believe the poster above who is warning you about committing a “CRIMINAL” offence is scaremongering so I would suggest you don’t let those particular comments influence your decision.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

If your budget is so tight then consider a hostel instead of a hotel. It will probably be more comfortable than squeezing into a too-small room at a Travelodge.

I do believe the poster above who is warning you about committing a “CRIMINAL” offence is scaremongering so I would suggest you don’t let those particular comments influence your decision.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

On a serious note, to answer the last poster....

If there is a fire, the hotel is supposed to know how many guests are in the rooms. They have health and safety issues now in U.K. lots and lots of new legislation. It's really not a great idea to mislead the hotel as to how many people are staying.

You won't get the electric chair but it's not to be recommended.

Stoofer

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

Stoofer of course I agree with your point re safety but it's not like the OP is going to be thrown in jail if they have an extra person in the room.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Squeeze Four into a Triple in Travelodge?

YMMV - your mileage may vary? Don't you mean IUTY?