We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Court

ireland
Level Contributor
356 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Court

Has anybody been to the Palm Court Brasserie in Covent Garden recently, and would they recommend it for pre- theatre dinner on a Saturday night ?

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Court

I have been to the Palm Court maybe 4-5 times, they have all been excellent except the last visit which was in August. I had steak which was fine, can't actually remember what my Mam had but she wasnt impressed, said it was the worst thing she had had at the Palm Court. The desserts were terrible value, the sticky toffee pudding, was luke warm, dry, no bits of date etc in it and the 'sticky toffee' was just drizzled across the top - not good.

Service was very rushed, and the waiter smug, it was about 8.30pm on a Saturday and they were not full so it wasnt as if they were rushing you through so you could get to a show.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,457 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Court

It depends on which theatre you are going to, but Mon Plaisir in Monmouth Street has a very good value pre-theatre dinner. Incognico, close to Cambridge Circus, is more expensive, but also very good.

Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Court

It's an OK restaurant - nothing particularly memorable or different about it, but fine for a pre-theatre dinner.

4. Re: Palm Court

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 09:22