We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
867 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

I'm going to London in January 2009 and my trip will be incomplete if I don't see a theatre performance at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. Their website says nothing of plays in January and apparently the official 2009 season starts later. Should I be concerned? Does it open in January or not?

(I've already booked tickets to Shakespeare's The Twelfth Night with the wonderful Derek Jacobi, but the Globe is something unique, I really want to go there)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

The play season runs from May to October so you won't be able to see a play in Janaury. However, the exhibition next door to the theatre is open and a tour of the Globe is included as part of the exhibition. More details at the link below:

www.shakespeares-globe.org/exhibitiontour/

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
867 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

Only in May? That's a terrible shame! :( Oh well, maybe next time.

Thanks for the info.

3. Re: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 04:17