We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earls Court Hotels

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Earls Court Hotels

Does anybody have any advice on hotels in the Earls Court area? I stayed in the area a couple years ago and really like the proximity to the Earls Court tube and various restaurants and grocery stores. My parents are planning a trip to London this winter, and I would like to help them find an accommodation in the same area, though perhaps a little nicer than where I stayed. (I stayed in a somewhat budget place, and though it was fine for me, my parents might want something a little nicer). My budget is not more than 140 pounds. Thanks everyone!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,362 Reviews
from US$130.70*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,130 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.80
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$117.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$348.00*
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earls Court Hotels

A few years back I stayed at the K&K George Hotel, you can read the reviews on this forum. The hotel was very nice, comfy, and try to get the trip that would include breakfast - as it is about 15 pounds per day, but it looked yummy - but our package didn't include breakfast. The rooms were very nice, normal size, bathroom was normal sized, but we had three people in our room. We were on the side that overlooked a garden area - very pretty. At that time, they also had free computers for internet access, and the tube was very close to the hotel - about a 3 minute walk.

Are they planning on taking the Tube - if they are planning on taking taxis, they should stay more central.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earls Court Hotels

Thanks LondonLady! They are planning on taking the tube. I'll check out your recommendation.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earls Court Hotels

I stayed at the Hilton Olympia, Kensington High Street in June and it was ideal for my requirements.

Ok you have to take the spur from Earls Court tube itself but I didn't find this a problem in the least.

The hotel is less than 5 mins walk from Olympia tube station but considerably longer from High St Ken tube.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,970 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earls Court Hotels

The K&K is an excellent choice and I'd add two others to consider in the shape of Base2stay and The Premier Inn Kensington. The later is a very good budget option but if you can get a deal at the former you will enjoy comfortable beds, a great shower and basic cooking facilities but no breakfast or public areas other than a reception.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,530 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earls Court Hotels

The K&K George is a swell hotel, as is the Hilton Olympia - the latter has the advantage of being near Kensington High Street, which is nice.

A couple of other places that might suit are the very pleasant Premier Inn Kensington and base2stay. The two sit within a minute's walk of each other, and neither is more than a two minute stroll from Earl's Court station.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earls Court Hotels

Thanks for the additional suggestions! These all look promising.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earls Court Hotels

One very good 'newcomer' is 1 Lexham Gardens, only opened a year but is getting very good feedback and prices are attractive too, (about 70-100 GBP).

If the good feedback continues I suspect rates will be going up in the near future as the word gets around.

UK
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earls Court Hotels

KK. Location location location! you could throw a crcket ball into Earls Court station with 2 different lines Every one to their choice but even if size 10 would think many would find the size of many base 2 rooms highly suitable for storing once's case.only - I have never stayed there never recommend a place - presumably others have with no doubt frequent pleasant personal experience . The KK hotel [ a chain which is very good - friend of mine always stays there in Vienna ] offers real PQR prix qualite rapport if I could get in there I would play the percentages & book it.Slightly biased I used to live there - about 5 houses knocked all togther . suggest you have a garden room view from which is very pleasant.Personally would prefer to the soul less faceless efficiency of HI or the claustrophobiainducing base 2. Does this help Hope so? Happy hols Regmaiche.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,970 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earls Court Hotels

The single rooms at the Base2stay are indeed small but the double room we stayed at earlier in the year was an excellent size with stacks of room.

The one thing your parents will find is that generally hotel rooms in London will be much smaller than you or your parents are used to in the US.

UK
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earls Court Hotels

Simple maths re Revpar, Bond Yields Property costs Risk /reward ratio etc tend firmly to suggest all rooms are likely to be smaller than most are used to whatever their description.

Unless owner is in Charity business

Regmaiche