We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Hairdresser please :)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
618 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
London Hairdresser please :)

Hi everyone,

I know this sounds like a vain question but I'm hoping the ladies will take pity on me! :) I'm travelling for 3 months and as a 38yo woman will have serious regrowth happening every 4 weeks. I will be going back to London roughly every 4 weeks during my travels so I was hoping that someone could recommend a decend hairdresser in London (central if possible) that won't cost me the other arm I'm already now paying for my trip thanks to the devaluation of the aussie $ :(

Any help you may be able to give me in this regard is hugely appreciated.

Cheers, Flossy

London
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Below is my reply about hairdressing salons in London to an earlier poster. The prices quoted were approximate back in July 2008.

Try the Regis Hair salon in Debenhams, Oxford Street. Regis have hairdressing salons all over UK, mainly in department stores. You will need to book an appointment.

There phone number is: 020 7580 2471 (from London)

Cut, wash and finish (which is drying), hopefully they will dry it straight or it will be extra is 45.00GBP.

Highlights for half head is 60.00GBP

Highlights for full head is 75.00GPB

When you get to London, go in, make an appointment and get an exact quote.

Hope this helps

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
618 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Thanks Gil57 for your prompt and informative reply. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Hi flossygirl - if you are brave you could try the Vidal Sassoon Hairdressing School. I have been twice and got fantastic hair cuts for bargain prices.... and I am fussy! Both times my hair was cut by overseas(from UK) hairdressers who were upgrading their qualifications. There is a supervisor hovering, commenting all the time as training and because of this the downside is that sometimes it can take ages ... I had one cut in an hour and another took 3 hours!

I found the following prices on a web blog but can't immediately find the address. I'm sure it's not far from Bond St ... I guess you could white pages it .... I had no luck on the Sassoon website.

Haircut - inclusive of blow drying, and all products used.

Adult. Non Concession £8.50

Colour (Tint) - £17.50

Colour (Full Head) - £32.50

Happy travels!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
618 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Thanks mssal. I'll try and see what I can find out. I just can't imagine what my hair will look like after 3 months on the road! Wish I could take my friend, who is also my hairdresser, with me :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

If you can't made an appointment, there is a "sans rendez-vous" hairdresser in Neal Yard. It is nothing fancy but affortable. I had blow drying there last summer and I was satisfied. I didn't had color or cut so I can't say about it.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Mssal has a good idea about going to a school, but yes, it can take them forever and a day, especially if you have long hair. So it all depends on how much time you'll have.

I've tried many places, but am drawn back to the Vidal Sassoon next to St. Paul's Cathedral. The stylist (Jack) does a great job and is very personable. Actually, the entire staff is friendly and helpful. Last time I was there, they literally mapped out a place to go for coffee and gave lots of other suggestions for things to do that day. This sort of thing NEVER happens at home! I also like the fact that they before they do something - instead of going ahead and then you're shocked at the charges on the bill.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
618 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Thank you everyone for helping me. I do have long hair and I WILL need a colour - most definitely! I will even forego the trim provided I get the colour. I don't think we will have the luxury of being able to spend ages in a salon so the hairdressing school Mssal suggested will probably not suit me. Thanks anyway Mssal! I am travelling with my husband and another couple and whilst the other lady will probably relish the idea of a few hours in the salon our male partners will be probably getting jittery about wasting our time in London should we spend too much time in there. Men - most just don't get the whole women and the hair thing! :)

We are staying for 3 days at Novotel London St Pancras, 100-110 Euston Road, London before leaving for Europe if that's any help to pointing me in the right direction of a hairdresser in or around that area :) I am starting to get really worried about this as I'm sure I'll need to book something before leaving Australia as just rocking up and expecting it all to happen will probably be unrealistic. :(

Thanks again everyone for taking time to help me. Cheers, Flossygirl

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

A lot of hairdressers take bookings over email - so if you google some of the suggestions here, or perhaps people will provide URLs you should be able to book an appointment without using the phone!

I would also get your hairdresser to write down what colour and brand of dye she/he uses and ask the saloon you decide to approach whether they have the same brand before you book.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
618 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

Great idea travellingted! If people could please send me email addresses or websites of hairdressers in the area of Novotel in Euston Road I would be very grateful. :)

10. Re: London Hairdresser please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 10:18