We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube Pass

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
161 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Tube Pass

Just bought a 3 day off-peak tube pass to use over the weekend of Aug 20-22. It is valid for travel during the weekend and zone 1-6.

I will be arriving into Gatwick and I know the tube doesn't go that far out. The tube website did say that the 3-day card is valid on National Rail. I also saw that Thameslink offers service from Gatwick to Kings Cross. Will this card allow me to ride the Thameslink into Kings Cross or do I need to pay 10 pounds for the trip into London and then hop onto the tube? Trying to save some $$ on transportation.

I will be flying out of Heaqthrow so I can just take the Piccadilly line out to Heathrow on Monday.

Thanks for all the help...........this website is awesome!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube Pass

You can save money by buying a Thameslink ticket to a station in zone 6 (Croydon?), using your travelcard for the remainder of the journey.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,463 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube Pass

A single ticket bought at Gatwick to East Croydon (Zone 5 but the Thameslink train stops there) will cost £6.80 and is your best bet. If you have some change use the ticket machine to save standing in line for some time.