We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands, uk
Level Contributor
365 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

YESSSS!

We're coming London tomorrow, train from Birmingham at 10am cant wait, is it going to be packed in Oxford Street for the xmas light turn on?

Am looking forward to that, the sights, markets etc.

Anyone excited for me?!?!?! :0)

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

I was in Oxford Street last week and it was a zoo than - Christ alone knows what it'll be like once the lights go on.

<shudder>

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

YESSS! London is such a great city, such nice people, try to avoid the prime rush hour at 5:00 p.m. (17:00) though. Have a great time, I just got back!!!

dublin, ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Hey there

Myself and my husband are heading to london tomorrow too. Cant wait!!

Are they turning on the lights 2moro night on oxford street?? We are staying 2 mins walk in the thistle marble arch and i will defo go for a look if its happeining 2moro.

Im a sucker for xmas lights ha ha

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Buddy,

I would guess that Vicky and Carla are already in London but in answer to your question, they are being switched on tonight. So whilst you'll miss tonight's ceremony at least you'll be able to see the lights each night. The Regent Street ones were switched on last week so you'll be able to see those as well.

Enjoy your trip.

dublin, ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Mick 67

in my excitement i didnt look to see when the above was posted!!!

You seem to know your stuff so where would have good nightlife for 30yr old couple. Discobars and the like??

As i have already said we are staying in Th Thistle marble arch but we are willing to taxi to wherever! From what ive been reading lately covent garden seems to be a buzzing area, im half sorry we didnt choose to stay in this area instead!!

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
867 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Have a great trip!

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

We leave in 9 days!!!! I'm so excited my family can hardly stand me. They just roll their eyes but I know deep down they're gigglely too!

We will definitely be seeing the lights and stopping to watch the skaters at The Tower before we do Ceremony of the Keys and at The Natural History Museum one night after the V and A museum. Also taking Bus 159 down Regent and Oxford Street to see the lights on our way to the christmas fair in Hyde Park. We'll definitely be in the mood for Christmas when we get home,although I think I'll be too tired to do my own decorating!:-)

Have a great time!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

To Mom the Planner:

How did you get to see the Ceremony of the Keys? I sent a request via Federal Express with International Coupons, called them a number of times and was even given an email address, and got no response whatsoever. Next time I go to London I would really like to do it - any suggestions? Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,396 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/WhatsOn/ceremonyoft…

An alternative to International Reply Coupons may be the option to print one's own postage from the Post Office website:

www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2…

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tomorrowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, TravellerPlus for your info. I will try that before my next trip to London for the Ceremony of the Keys.