We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dance places?

Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dance places?

Anyone know of any place where a couple could go dancing that it isn't all just kids and really young adults? Nothing really formal but nice. Thanks !

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dance places?

Glad that you asked the same question I asked a while ago. I (hopefully with the strike and cancelled flight et al) arrive in London shortly and was also looking for the same thing. Two things that come to mind. I noticed on some or other web site that there will be ballroom dancing in Regent Park on Saturday afternoons (smile, sounds funny). and the someon suggested a place called Tiger, Tiger to me, apparently in Soho. I found their website and emailed them and they say there is a 21 age entrance so the clientele is not so kid like. I have no idea what they are like though.

The other places I've found are the posh hotels that do dinner/dance, but they have dress codes and are really above my budget. If you find anything else out, I'd love to hear about it.

Other suggestion was the Thames cruise that has dancing on the was back, but at 65GBP for a three course dinner and the cruise, I think it is a bit too expensive.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dance places?

Tiger tiger is a club, not at all what I think you are looking for. Last time we were there my best friend had her drink spiked and ended up passed out on the floor - not a good idea!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dance places?

Wow Londongirl, thanks so much for telling us, wont be going there then!

Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dance places?

Yes, thanks, londogirl. We're a bit too old for that. We don't want anything stuffy or ballroomish as we don't dance that well. Just something a bit romantic and with 35 year olds on up. Like that. Sorry to be so picky.

Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dance places?

darn, I sleep, eat, drink and dream of my London trip and then I can't even spell it. Sorry LONDONGIRL !! LOL!!!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dance places?

Jeffreysbaby, I wish, wish, wish, someone would tell us of a place like that, just what I'm looking for too, but don't seem able to find.

Do you have places like that in Florida? We only really get to dance at weddings and work functions, because I'm also long past the age for clubbing. Love dancing.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dance places?

Sorry, this isn't an answer to your question. Just wanted to chime in & say we're looking for the same. My husb. & I are in our 30s & would like to have the option of going dancing where people are of similar age range, relaxed atmosphere & not too expensive. We'll be in London for our 1st time in early November. This is a great forum, by the way. I haven't talked before, because all my questions have already been asked and answered (and then some!). I'll hope for a good response to this one as well. Thank you to all you great "London experts". We can't wait.

Pembrokeshire...
Level Contributor
258 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dance places?

I can't think of anywhere to recommend off the top of my head but am going to ask some friends in London....watch this space!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dance places?

Thanks Emmab, bumping this up in hope.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dance places?

Not quite the same thing but you can get an evening river cruise that includes a meal, songs from the shows and dancing. Not cheap at £58 per person though. More at http://www.citycruises.com/showboat.htm