We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas alone in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas alone in London

Hi

I am 33, professional male and alone this xmas for the first time.

I was planning on checking into a 5* hotel for 3 nights. Any suggestions for the best one for xmas themed - thinking traditional. My only concern is for xmas dinner itself? Any ideas for where to go where being on your own would not be an issue? I dont really like the idea of room service, although I guess possible if I requested this before hand from the hotel.

Apart from that the idea of chilling out in a top hotel, ideally with a pool with my laptop and television is going to be great! :-)

Paul

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,216 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas alone in London

Are you in London? You might be better off having Xmas dinner on Xmas Eve (when it is sort of less of an issue being Norman No Mates and there will be more choice of places open) than on Xmas day when #1. a no of places are shut and #2. anyone who is out will be in groups (whether they want to be or not...)

Xmas day itself I would take advantage of your 5* hotel and do room service with the telly/DVD's/music of your choice.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas alone in London

There are a couple of guided walks on Christmas Day as well:

walks.com/Homepage/Special_Walks/default.aspx

Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas alone in London

Check out this site.

londontown.com/London/…_Boxing_Day

Enjoy.

london
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas alone in London

Woodyuk, why don't you come to spend Christmas with us?

Camberwell
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas alone in London

Hi Paul,

I too am alone for the first time this Christmas in London. Not sure what to do and it seems hard to find people in a similar situation. I only arrived on Monday. I was thinking of checking in somewhere there are lots of other aussies. Did you sort out your plans? I am a 31 year old female professional from Perth.

Cheers, Taryn

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas alone in London

There are so many people from Perth in London that I'm surprised there is anyone left.

wwww.tntmagazine.com is a good starting point.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas alone in London

Sorry, that should have been

http://tntonline.co.uk/

London
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas alone in London

Hi, I am 32 years and I will aso be alone this Christmas, for the first time in my life. I am trying to do something different and to see the positive of being alone....but is difficult.

Paula

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas alone in London

Do give the guided walks a go. It's a nice way to be in the company of others whilst doing something interesting.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas alone in London

My best Christmases have been the ones on my own. Whenever I can, I stock the larder, barricade the doors, and settle back for an uninterrupted week of Radio 4.