We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parkstansted.com warning

Ipswich
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
parkstansted.com warning

Subject: parkstansted.com

Title: Warning about this parking company

ID#: 22074983

This owner operated company is located 10 minutes from Stansted Airport in the countryside and quite tricky to find especially in the dark. We chose them as they were the cheapest company we could find on the internet.

We were given clear written instructions to follow on our return from our holiday. We took 10 minutes to buy a take away coffee before proceeding to the pick up point where as per the instructions we phoned to let them know we were there. The pick up van arrived immediately. Brilliant, we thought, only to have the driver jump out and growl at us for being 15 minutes late, keeping other people waiting & that we shouldn't have stopped for coffee. Seeing our stunned look the other family being picked up apologetically told us they hadn't been waiting long. The driver grumpily phoned his partner to tell her she should have clearly written in the pick up instructions 'do not stop for coffee'.

On arriving back at our car, the partner also reprimanded us for buying coffee. We then replied that we didn't like their attitude to their customers. Mrs Grumpy then told us to leave quickly or she would set her dogs on us. We were travelling with 3 young children.

In their favour we could say they provided a prompt service but unless you want a meet & greet service with Mr & Mrs Grumpy & their dogs I wouldn't recommend using this company.

Mentioned in this post
Stansted Airport
Stansted Airport
Stansted Mountfitchet, UK
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
England, UK
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parkstansted.com warning

"We chose them as they were the cheapest company we could find on the internet"

Nuff said.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parkstansted.com warning

:)

UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: parkstansted.com warning

I would also not recommend any one to use ParkStansted.

I cancelled a booking with them last year, way before travelling. They should have repaid the money as advertised on their web site and agreed to do so on the phone and by e-mail. However over 6 months later, many e-mails and phone calls, a returned letter from their supposed business address I have not received a penny.

4. Re: parkstansted.com warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:21