We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

Does anyonne know what would be the cheapest and easiest way to get from Heathrow to Gatwick?

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

Probably the picadilly line to South Kensington where you need to change to either the Circle or District lines to Victoria. Then British rail to Gatwick. www.tfl.gov.uk will give you all the options.

If you want to do it the cheapest possible way don't use either the Heathrow or Gatwick express trains, using the tube and British rail is much cheaper.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

There is bus service between the 2 airports. See:

http://www.gatwickairport.com.

Cripes, I put in the whole URL and it took 12 lines. So go to the home page above and follow the links from transportation. There's information on where to get the bus at each airport, schedules, and costs.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

Definately the bus. Quicker and cheaper than diverting through London - unless you want to of course!

www.nationalexpress.com for fares and schedules.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

Now this doesn't meet your requirement of cheapest alternative, but my husband and I transfered from Gatwick to Heathrow in May using a private car/driver from Simply Airports car service, and it was great, it was about 50 pounds.

We chose it over the bus b/c we arrived very late at night and had a lot of luggage and they do not charge per person, just per car.

So they get to tote your luggage, pack it in, drive you there and help you unload, door to door, was worth it for us.

Izzi

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

£50 is a great fare. I asked a 'black cabbie' at Heathrow in July 2004, for an estimate of the fare to Gatwick and he quoted me £110!!! Needless to say, I took the bus.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick

well you learn something on this forum every day, I had NO IDEA there was a bus between Heathrow & Gatwick, I thought it was only the north london airports....well there you go :0)