We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
291 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

I will be in London next month on business, staying in a hotel in the Euston/Bloomsbury area. I will have very, very limited time to explore. I have been to London numerous times, so I'm OK with not going into the City. That being said, if I do have some "free" time, I would like to sightsee. Is there anything worthy of sightseeing in this area? THANKS!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

There are at least three things worth a visit, all within a 15 minute walk from Euston station.

The British Library is no more than a five minute walk, just east of the station, same side of the Euston Road. Tours are offered or you can have a bit of a look around on your own then have a cup of tea in the cafe.

If you have time, continue on to St Pancras station, just beyond the Library, and have a look at the wonderful refurbishments.

The British Museum is near Russell Square; combine a visit to the Museum with a pint at the Museum Tavern for a great way to pass some time.

Consider as well a look at the Wellcome Collection, not far from the station on the Euston Road. Quirky and different but well worth a visit.

wellcomecollection.org/exhibitionsandevents/…

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
291 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

Thank you!

I just learned I will be at the Hilton, more in Bloomsbury, just as an FYI...

I appreciate all this info!

I might like a walking tour, not a private one, but it seems like the only one I could find in London Walks (which I've been on before), but on a Tuesday, and I will not be in Bloomsbury on a Tuesday! Do you know of any? I do not want a private tour (cost wise)!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

If you're going to be at the Hilton Euston it's still well situated to visit any of the three places I mentioned.

Depending on the dates you'll be in London, consider a visit to the Royal Academy - open until 2200 on Fridays; the National Portrait Gallery, open until 2200 on Thursdays and Fridays or the National Gallery itself, open until 2100 on Wednesdays. These are easily reached by bus from Upper Woburn Place - the number 91 goes to Trafalgar Square - so you could have dinner and an evening out.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
291 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

Thank you so, so much!

5. Re: Euston area, maybe no time to go into the City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 11:22