We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

Dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

I am taking my mother to London for the weekend in November and she really wants to see Phantom of the Opera. Is ticketmaster the only place to get tickets? I have tried to get them but they tell me the only available ones are the 47.50 ones. Is it possible that the show is sold out of the cheaper tickets already?

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

I'm not sure which date you want to go but I just had a look at seetickets.com (access either directly or through thephantomoftheopera.com) and found tickets for GBP25, otherwise I would suggest contacting the box office direct as it does seem there are still tickets available.

I would think it unsual for The Phantom to still be selling out???

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

Just to clarify I found tickets in November for £25

Dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

Thanks a million for that, I found tickets, by any chance have you ever been in that theatre and would the balcony seats be good seats?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,014 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

I would avoid the Balcony. It's way up in the gods with a lousy view and poor accoustics. Be patient, there will be some decent seats around.

You could try www.theatremonkey.com which gives very useful infromation about the best and worst seats in each theatre as well as links to buying tickets.

Weekends are busier but the official Half Price TKTS booth has stalls Phantom tickets for tonight at 25% off. This is not unusual but would mean you taking a risk and not having tickets before you get here.

Another option would be to book a package with Superbreak who offer transportation, hotel and tickets in one package. See your travel agent on check on the web.

Dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

Thanks for that info, We have booked the trip ourselves, not through a travel agent, will look into your suggestions, thanks again

England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

I sat in the balcony seats last week when I took my son for his birthday (that's the Circle, not the Upper/Royal Circle). If you would like to sit in the balcony I would suggest not sitting in the first 2 rows. We were in row 2 and had to lean slightly forward to see the very front of the stage but the people in the front row missed a fair bit of the stage unless they leaned forward and if they did the stewards kept coming to the front to ask them to lean back so as not to restrict the view of people behind them.

LONDON
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for Phantom of the Opera

For the cheapest tickets around I'd suggest booking on www.lastminute.com or searching for the actual theatre or the show on the internet as there are lots of cheap ticket sites around.