We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

wirral
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

Can I use and Oyster card as far out as Wembley as we are staying there for 4 days and plan to go into central London each day?

Also do I need an oyster card for my 8yr old? I read that she is free on the tube but will she need a photo card?

Thanks guys

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,556 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

If you plan to use PAYG on Oyster, it can be used for trips to and from Wembley, including services on the London Overground to and from Wembley Central and Euston.

Your daughter needs neither an Oyster card nor an Oyster Photocard in order to travel. She may travel for free on the Tube, buses, DLR and London Overground services provided she travels with an adult who holds a valid Travelcard, single ticket or PAYG on Oyster.

Since your daughter will not have a ticket, you will need to ask TfL station staff to open a gate in order to let the two of you in and out of stations - don't forget to touch in and touch out when you do so.

Your daughter can also purchase a one day all zones off peak Travelcard for a pound, if you'd like to have a ticket in hand to speed the journeys or if you plan to use National Rail services.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

Hi,Ninabean

I am just wondering if you are staying in a hotel or bed and breakfast at Wembley ?

As I am going in the summer and am looking for somewhere to stay.

Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

Thanks for the advice so far.

We are staying at the Premier Inn in Wembley as it looks the best in the area for the money. They also have family rooms to suit our needs

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

Many Thanks, Ninabean for the information.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

bump

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

Why the bump? TP's answer at the top is very thorough - is there something that is still not answered?

wirral
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

I appreciate the thorough answer but I always like to get more opinions thats all.

I do become a little obsessive when I plan a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offence intended

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

I know that obsessive feeling!

Perhaps, then, it would be better to specifically ask if anyone else has an opinion, or asking a supplementary question, rather than just bumping?

London
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

The Premier Inn is about a minutes walk from Wembley Park tube.

10. Re: 2 questions regarding tube/oyster?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:19