We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Butterworth...
Level Contributor
289 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Any suggestion on kids store other than the usual oxford street?Not thinking of branded items , just normal stuff.Places on sale in May?Some say Lily White have nice and reasonably price kids collection, where is it? Any suggestions,Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,916 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Primark

Mentioned in this post
Primark
Primark
50 Reviews
London, UK
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Marks & Spencer have lovely children's clothes and not too expensive, generally (well, at least I didn't think they were too expensive).

Mentioned in this post
Marks & Spencer
Marks & Spencer
173 Reviews
London, UK
Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Next has more style than M&S - definitely for girls. But M&S worth a look too. You could also try BhS. H&M is v.good value for money. Even Matalan is worth a look is you find the above pricey. John Lewis is more pricey but has good quality clothes.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Lillywhites is on Lower Regent St, on the corner with Piccadilly Circus.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,520 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Monsoon has a range for little girls and Boden is great for basics with a twist. Their girls clothes are lovey, but they are particularly good for imaginative boys' clothes which, IMO are harder to find. (check the website to see if they are what you like. Boden is primarily mail-order, but they have sales which include free returns and their shop is right next to the Park Royal tube station. (Piccadily Line) It is a bit of a trek, but if you really like the clothes it may be worth it.

Petit Bateau near Slone Square has fantastic cottons at the high, but not designer, end, and if you want a really special traditionsl little girls dress, nothing beats Liberty's.

Mentioned in this post
The Monsoon
The Monsoon
773 Reviews
London, UK
London
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

To be perfectly honest I have no problem buying the majority of my kids day to day clothes from Tesco. No designer labels, basic, cheap and cheerful, but with a little imagination you can put some nice combinations together.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

For cheap/reasonable kids clothes....cos they grow out of them fast - try Primark, Matalan, Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco.

For midrange try Next, H&M, BHS

For more expensive try Debenhams, Monsoon, Boden, Pumpkin Patch (I think its called!), John Lewis

Loads of choice...depends how much you want to spend and how quick they get through clothes.

Mentioned in this post
Primark
Primark
50 Reviews
London, UK
The Monsoon
The Monsoon
773 Reviews
London, UK
Butterworth...
Level Contributor
289 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

wow thanks.The only thing we can afford in London is perharps kids clothes.A friend bought clothes in London for my son and they were of very good quality and the price is still reasonable even after currency conversion.Thanks so much , at least i know where to start.More input would be appreciated.

One more question if u don't mind ,anybody know any ferrari scuderia shop in london where all the merchandise including kids shirt can be found, we are collecting the ferrari's kids shirt for my 4 year old son, but my son has grown bigger . In 2005 we went to Schumacher's Go Kart Centre in Kerpen Germany and of course they have all the collection and design . Last year in Paris we found the scuderia shop but with only one design .The only time we could buy in Malaysia is during the F1 Grand Prix in Sepang but with limited choice and too pricey.(We can only buy the kids t shirt ..not the car hmmm...)

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Hello!

I think a Ferrrari (booooo) shop was supposed to open in September on Regent Street but haven't heard anything.

There is also a shop (again on Regent Street) which doesn't sell Ferrari (booooo) exclusively but they have a wide range of F1 stuff. It's almost on Piccadilly, next to Cheers bar.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Children clothes: where do londoners shop?

Boden kids' clothes are great - really fantastic quality. Ticket price can be high but there are usually discounts available of some sort. Not sure about the shop, we buy online. It lasts much longer than even many of the other premium brands, in our experience. Some great designs too, without having brand names plastered all over them

It's very "British middle class", but then so am I ;-)

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Boys-Clothing.html#nav