We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge website

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge website

Hi can anyone stop me from tearing my hair out while trying to book a room at the Covent Garden hotel for Travelodge. I put in the dates needed, and the figure is about £277 but if I use the saver menu (book 21 days ahead) for the same dates in April the room is approx £180-£200. BUT...I can't book these rooms - if you click on the date you want it bounces to a page with single room, 1 person (I am booking a double for two) and has different dates! If I try to amend this I go back to the main page with the £277 figure! Is it just me or can anyone help?!?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge website

What are the dates? I'll have a fiddle (PM me if you don't want to publish them.)

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge website

For what it's worth, the Sunday Times travel section recently wrote that some 4 and 5 star hotels in central London are now cheaper than the Travelodge Covent Garden. There's a price war at the higher end of the market, which can cause strange results.

Unless you really need to be in Covent Garden, the Travelodge in Southwark is more reasonably priced.

Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge website

I'll never understand why they can't have a website that JUST WORKS. It's poorly designed and their searches leave a lot to be desired.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge website

I offered to help the OP as I've *never* had any problems booking on the Travelodge site.

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge website

The last time I booked with Travelodge, I had tinkered with the dates and different locations to get an idea of what was on offer. When it came time to book it was indeed acting funny. However, I found that when I cleared my cookies or cache or whatever the computer-speak word is, it worked just fine. It's worth a try anyway.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge website

Hi

Dates are Apr 4th check out on the 7th (3 nights). Thanks for the tips, I have the travel article mentioned but couldn't get the prices for the above dates...grrr

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodge website

There was an interesting item in the Sunday Times two weeks ago which said that 5 star hotels can now be cheaper than the Covent Garden Travelodge following a 24% drop in luxury hotel prices since last year.

“A double room at the Travelodge Covent Garden cost £102.50, including breakfast for two. However, a five-minute walk away, a double at the five-star Grange Holborn including breakfast, as well as access to the large swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym cost just £86.25.

“Meanwhile The Landmark ... has a special offer cutting its rates for superior rooms from £550 to £140”

So save £410 and stay at the Landmark :-)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodge website

I totally know where you are coming from Lordy, I had the exact same problem when I was booking, I eventually just booked at the higher rate bacause it was only a few pounds in the difference. But obviously that's not an option for you. Have you tried emailing them with the dates and see if they can match the price on the website? It really is a terrible website, very user un-friendly.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelodge website

The Travelodge website s*cks. The only way to get the saver rates for all the nights is to put them in the basket individually otherwise the rate will default to the most expensive rate for your stay, clever, eh!?

This also means that you will have numerous reservations so will have to 'technically' check in every day of your stay, this means going to the front deskevery morning to remind them you are there and staying another night in your room. Fun?

I don't know if your dates are a weekend or not but have you checked Hoteldoorman for likely 3- 4* hotels at better rates?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelodge website

> The only way to get the saver rates for all the nights is to put them in the basket individually otherwise the rate will default to the most expensive rate for your stay, clever, eh!? <

That's simply not true. I have NEVER had to book my nights singly and I have NEVER paid more than £19 for a night at a Travelodge. I've never had any problem using the site (well, not with the functionality - it could do with a 'friendlier' UI).