We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Castle

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
259 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Warwick Castle

From the reviews I've read, it seems Warwick Castle's quite a fun place for kids. Does the entrance fee include viewing the trebuchet, watching the jousting tournament and the birds of prey, or do we have to pay extra to see them? Are there costumed staff--ladies, maids, knights, etc... milling around the castle grounds during the summer (August) months? Are most parts of the castle open to the public, so that we can explore the various parts of the castle and grounds?

London
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick Castle

As I recall, one price gains you admission to the castle, including much of its ramparts and towers, and on particular days during the year (usually during school holidays), you had to pay extra to see jousting tournaments, mediaeval pageant etc. in the adjoining field.

However looking at the website that no longer seems to be the case.

warwick-castle.co.uk/events/events_programme…

There has been some criticism that Warwick is too expensive and presents a ‘disneyfied’ version of history. I disagree, it's wonderful, definitely go.

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick Castle

Most of the things are free and there is lots to do. You only pay extra if they have a special, temporary exhibition on.

Yes - most parts are open - it does get pretty busy though.

It is as you describe - with the 'milling around'. I would suggest a picnic and a rug as there are loads of open grassy areas.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick Castle

Don't lose sight that Warwick is about 150mls North of London

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
113 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick Castle

I went with my sister, brother-in-law and 12 yr old nephew a few years ago, and all enjoyed it. We got a combined train and castle ticket at the train station. It was a nice train ride and short walk through town to the castle.

Definitely worth it. The castle and grounds are beautiful, and the other stuff adds an element of fun - especially for the younger ones.

5. Re: Warwick Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2015, 14:15
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warwick Castle

We've been to Warwick Castle a couple of times. they only thing extra that we haved paid extra for was for the Ghosts Alive in the Watergate Tower. This was in October so a special event for Halloween.

Colorado
Level Contributor
59 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warwick Castle

We went to Warwick Castle in early January and enjoyed it very much. When you are done with the castle, spend some time in town. Go see St Mary's church, Lord Leycester hospital (medevial guild buildings), and if you are there on a Saturday, there is a local market in the middle of town. We also had one of the best Steak and Ale pie's I have ever had at the Tilted Wig (on the square).

8. Re: Warwick Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 21:16