We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Stay Self Cater Advice

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Short Stay Self Cater Advice

I am heading back to London for the second time.

29 Mar. - 11 Apr. 2009. I would really like to find a short stay (self cater) situation that doesn't cost a fortune. Looking for something somewhat centrally located. I need to find something flexible with guests as I will have friends from Guernsey, Belfast, and Middlesbrough, stopping in to meet up with me during my two weeks there. Lord! Is there such a place?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

Have you a price in mind? As well, are you looking for a one bedroom flat with an Aerobed or sleeper sofa in the sitting room, or a two bedroom place?

Consider some of the choices at www.vrbo.com www.holiday-rentals.co.uk and www.aplacelikehome.co.uk - if you have any questions about any specific properties, please do let us know the property identification numbers so any TALFers familiar with one or more can give you hints or tips.

Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

I know that this will be hard to find but I'm looking for something around 160 GBP per week. I've been to the sites that you mentioned... still looking. Mostly it will be needing the freedom to have a guest here and there during my stay and know that the flat weekly rate I'm paying won't flux.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

> I'm looking for something around 160 GBP per week. <

I think you'll find that VERY difficult.

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

Hi,

As well as the other sites mentioned, www.holidaylettings.co.uk is worth a look. However, I agree that your budget is a bit optimistic, sorry.

Anyway, have a look here: holidaylettings.co.uk/greater-london/…

As I thought, they all start at other £160. I think you may need to rethink if you are determined to stay in central London.

Sorry to sound pessimistic.

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

That should say above £160, not other £160!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

Citadines Apartments ?

They have some in High Holborn

Northumberland Ave off Trafalgar SQ

DC
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

With that budget, the Citadines isn't the answer. Their studios are more than £100 per day!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

"I know that this will be hard to find but I'm looking for something around 160 GBP per week."

'Hard' doesn't quite sum up your expectations :-) For that price, basically you are looking at a hostel not an apartment.

Check travelodge and premier inn to see if they have deals on in your time period as thats probably going to be closest to your figure, but even then they will be more than £160 a week, and they certainly wont be an apartment, just a room with a bed !

Check base2stay for a guideline as to reasonable expectations for a mini-apartment and its rates.

Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

I'm so thankful for all of these replies. I know that I'm trying to do the somewhat impossible but still have hope of maybe a private owned possibility. I can stay at the Wishing Well in Peckham (like last time) for 19 GBP per night. Was just hoping for more of a self cater situation this time. Any advice is welcome. Who knows.. maybe I'll catch someone here who knows someone, who knows someone, etc etc.

Thanks to all of you!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Short Stay Self Cater Advice

What about a Family Room in a Travelodge-double bed and sofa bed ?

Just an idea