We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theatre tickets as gifts

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Theatre tickets as gifts

Hi

I'm looking at giving some friends London theatre tickets as gifts.

What I don't want them to do is compare tickets, work out the cost and then come back to me saying I shouldn't have spent £xxx on them. They're really sweet, but it annoys me!

Is there any way I can give them tickets without the prices being printed on them? I understand the connotations as to touting, but is that it? Am I stuck with them knowing exactly what I spent on them?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Jon

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,845 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theatre tickets as gifts

Jon,

I think if you are giving actual tickets rather than vouchers and you are buying them directly from an approved agent or from the theatre directly then there isn't a lot you can do.

Maybe you could contact the good folk at The Official London Theatre Guide who might be able to suggest something -

www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/contact/

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theatre tickets as gifts

Check out this site that I have found-

www.theatretokens.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theatre tickets as gifts

My mother sometimes sends me 'theatre tokens'. Everyone else calls them £20 notes.

Sorry, OP, that's not much help.

4. Re: Theatre tickets as gifts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 21:19