We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

planet earth
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

Hello I am flying over to London in May 2009 on Delta 767-300 and i hear these planes are old and no backseat tv? UGH!!! Only drop down screens!! I was hoping that Delta would update their planes and install the individual screens. also how about the service, flight attendants, ect! I am dreading flying with them but my tickets are booked and paid for!! ANYONE experienced them lately?? thanks!!

No. California
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

I have flown with Delta a few times--no problems. Last time was to Italy. Service was fine,helpful attendants, but no seatback t.v. I usually read anyway so that doesn't bother me.

space coast, fl
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

I haven't flow with them yet, but thinking about booking because the price is much lower than other airlines right now! I'm be curious about the responses as well.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

Hi! That's what my family flew from Atlanta to LGW over Thanksgiving, and what I'll be flying on in May.

Yes, there were big screens as opposed to individual screens. BUT, they *give* you the little earphones whereas I had to pay $3 for them on US Air. <:)

I talked DH out of his Skymiles for my May trip, so I can't complain too much. We normally fly Delta in the states, but I do love those little individual screens...

Service was fine, and the plane held together. We actually fly Delta because we have a friend who has been a mechanic for them in ATL for many years. He says that mechanically, Delta planes are at the top of the list. It makes me feel better, anyway, as I'm not a big fan of flying.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

I flew to Italy and back with them and didn't have any problems. Service was very nice, food was good for airline food, plane departed and arrived pretty much on time, and since I flew out of Cincinnati, the airport there is very nice lots of stores, and not as difficult to get around as the New York airports. I don't like JFK though, needs a serious upgrade. I flew American through JFK a few years back and that was TERRIBLE!!! JFK is old, the plane departed late, was very crowded, food was bad in the airport and on the plane, etc.

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,295 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

Delta is fine, but nothing special. I've flown with them several times. You won't have screens on the back of seats, tho. What are you expecting ... that they put passengers in the microwave for a late night snack??

London, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

We flew once with Delta to Durham, connecting in Atlanta 4 years ago. They're dreadful- absolutely outdated crafts on their last leg and dreadful service

But it's all relative isn't it? I thought British Airways was "fine" till I flew on Emirates

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

I always fly with Delta when going to Europe. Everyting is acceptable. I pack my own food. I read my book. If I want some water during the down time, I just walk to the back and help myself. When flying in coach, I expect the coach services. What bothers me is when I am behind an inconsiderate person in the seat in front of me and it can happen while flying with any airline.

8. Re: JFK TO LONDON ON DELTA? Anyone flown on this airline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 06:18