We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel with parking

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brighton
3 posts
Save Topic
Cheap hotel with parking

I'm after a hotel in the Hounslow/Fulham/Hammersmith area but I need one with 24hr parking and it has to be close to a tube station, can anyone recommend one?

I'm coming in from Heathrow and driving from there - the plan is to stay somewhere that's car-friendly but as close to the city as possible but on the Heathrow side.

Budget is as low as possible :)

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

Are you planning on driving your car in Central London, if so we beg you to think again. Or have you driven up from Brighton originally and left your car at Heathrow. Parking is difficult and very expensive. Expect to pay quite a lot to park at a hotel as some do charge.

On street parking is very limited as so many roads have parking restrictions on them - some 24/7.

If you wanted to stay in North West London area I can recommend you a hotel with free parking for guests - message me. The area I would recommend is only about a 15 min drive to J19 of M25. Heathrow is J14 of M25. Also it is easy to get into Central London by tube.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

The Travelodge Sunbury is where the M3 ends at Junction 1. Parking here is 3 GBP for 24 hours in the hotel car park and Sunbury rail station is next door with trains every 30 minutes into Waterloo with Underground connections along the way

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

> we beg you to think again. <

I don't see why.

London
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

okfiver 2questions....Do you plan to visit on a weekend?

Are you hiring a car at Heathrow?

brighton
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

My plan is:

1) Drive up on monday, stay in a hotel on my own.

2) Pick my GF up from heathrow at 7am on tuesday and go back to the hotel because she'll be shattered. Have a few hours kip then do some sight-seeing (leave the car at the hotel).

3) Check out weds morning, leave the car parked and do more sight-seeing.

4) Pick the car up at around 8pm and drive down to hants.

------

I've tried to work out how I could do without a car because I dread driving in London but I can't see how else to do it.

The main problem is the wednesday - if we check out at around lunchtime we'll be stuck lugging suitcases around town - if I had the car they'd at least go in the boot.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

That plan seems perfectly feasible - suggest you try the hotel already mentioned. Suggest you look at Premier Inns, Holiday Inn Express, Travelodges - there are some in the suburbs.

Try Travelodge - Park Royal about 10 miles from Heathrow - not a wonderful area, about a mile from tube station and has parking., and it is going towards Central London.

Another might be Premier Inn - Hammersmith - think it is outside the congestion zone. It has some parking and a public car park a few minutes walk away.

Another is Holiday Inn Express - Hammersmith - limited parking that must be booked in advance. Again not sure about congestion zone.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

Ramada Encore London West might suit you. It's on the A4 west of Hammersmith ( Acton to be precise) about 5 minutes walk from North Acton tube.

I stayed there a few years ago, at that time parking was free but I do know they now charge but it can't be that much.

Rooms were nice, clean etc....only issue is they seem to have student tour groups( everywhere seems to now though) there but there was no noise disruption from them.

Rates were/are good.

Get a room at the back though as the A4 is a busy, noisy road!

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

When I was in London last summer I needed the exact same thing. Cheap lodging, west area so as to make an easy getaway when we departed for Wales, and close to the tube station. We decided on the Lampton Guesthouse in Hounslow. It may not suit everyone as it's very basic and a lot of Americans would scoff at the diversity of the location, but it really was ideal for us. I personally like a kebab place just steps away.

It was inexpensive yet still clean as any other place I have ever stayed. I drove to it straight away after collecting my car and they have a good size car park in back. They let me keep the car parked there while we spent another few hours in London the day after we checked out, which was very generous of them. And the tube station is literally walk to the end of the block, cross the street, you're there.

9. Re: Cheap hotel with parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 06:19