We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Hi:

We'll be spending five nights in London (March 18 through 23), and we just discovered that we'll be there during Restaurant Week. In the US, many large cities also schedule a Restaurant Week, during which some of the top restaurants offer a limited, prix-fixe lunch and/or dinner menu. In London, the cost is 25 GBP for dinner. So we're going to splurge on one or two of our nights.

Could you please list two or three or your favorite "splurge" restaurants that are on the list of those participating? The Restaurant Week list link is found at:

lastminute.com/site/…london-restaurant-week

THANK YOU.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Hello!

Foliage, Albannach and any of the Gordon Ramsay.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Of the restos listed, I'd have a go at Bentley's or Boisdale of Belgravia. I've not eaten at any of Gary Rhodes's restos, but for the last couple of years have tried a few offerings from his kitchens when at Taste of London; every time I've been very impressed with the food, wanted more and remind myself to give one of his locations a try. Could be worth a look.

Virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Hi:

Thanks very much for these suggestions. Does anyone else see a favorite restaurante on the list?

I also hope that others will be able to take advantage of the Restaurant Week deals.

THANKS.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Bear in mind that the Ramsay restaurants listed are the gastropubs rather than his high end places. You might also be able to get a good prix fixe at some good restaurants e.g. Murano or Le Gavroche which are not listed here. I've always found the Roux Brasserie to be nice.

London
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Mmmmm....tough choice. I'll go for Le Pont de la Tour.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

There are a lot of nice restaurants participating, so I'm spoilt for choice. One of my big favourites is Bentleys (I do hark on about it, but I go back there time and again). I've never heard of someone having a bad experience there. If you like fish and seafood, that would be my choice.

Virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Hi:

Thanks for these additional recommendations. Has anyone eaten at the Albemarle at Brown's Hotel?

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Oooh - we will be in London for restaurant week too... Thanks so much for posting. I am anxious for recommendations too!

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

Just thought I would bump this up as I am also wondering which restaurants to chose from the list when we go. We had such a good experience on our last visit that I don't want to spoil it by making a bad choice this time. Last time, albeit a few years ago now, we chose Conrans Quaglino's and MPW's The Criterion and the food and the ambience was great in both. Quaglino's was really buzzy, with a packed cocktail bar at the top and then the lovely sweeping staircase down to the restaurant. The Criterion is just so lush and whilst it wasn't as "buzzy" you could just look at your surroundings with awe all the way through dinner. Also we didn't feel like the staff were looking down their nose at us for just picking the pre theatre dinner (the crit) or the house wine.

So if anyone could recommend a similar experience I would appreciate it.

nice food, ambience,an unforgettable experience and non stuffy atmosphere please!

10. Re: London Restaurant Week -- 3/16 - 3/29 - recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 03:19