We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

I have found a great deal for an executive room including breakfast at the Sheraton Park Lane. I am a bit concerned about the terrible reviews on this site. Is it really that bad? Are the executive rooms better than their classic rooms? I will appreciate any feedback.

london
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

No it's not... The bathrooms are a little bit dated but it's still a fairly grand hotel and if you got a good rate you should be absolutely fine.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Surely the reviews ARE the feedback from people who have stayed there?

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Well I don't think it's too bad, it's still a pretty grand place, if slightly dated now. I've seen some horrific reviews of several hotels that I've stayed at where I've had a lovely stay. Maybe I'm easily pleased, but I do take some of the worst reviews on TA with a generous pinch of salt. Some people seem to make moaning into a kind of hobby, but as I say I've stayed in some real dives worldwide, so maybe I'm not easily offended by a stain on the carpet or whatever.

UK
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Depends upon what the great deal is.

Have never stayed there but location is worth a lot

Regmaiche

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Thankyou for all your replies. I will give the Park Lane a go. Having been in London before, I know it is a great location. Hopefully I will get a nicer room.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

I just hope you get a good room now, after following our advice! I'm sure you'll be fine, the hotel is genrally of a good quality, I think the bad reviews mainly come from people expecting a really top 5 star experience. Think of it more like an elderly 4 star plus experience, and I'm sure you'll forgive the odd stain on the carpet.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Travelling Forever, Hi! If you'll notice on review #10 of the SPL, their is a response from a member of management with his email address. Perhaps you could email him to ask which room type he would recommend, as you would like one of the rooms "presently being renovated". It can't hurt.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

It's hit and miss. Some rooms are OK, others great, others simply awful. Staying there is a lottery in many ways.

I'm an SPG Platinum member and usually get allocated a nice room, occasionally a very nice one. For an upcoming special visit to London we're giving it a miss however as although the chaeper rooms are good value in many ways, there's no way that the better rooms are worth the rack rates demanded on SPG.

In order to guarantee at least that room grade you need to book and pay for it. For the same money as a decent suite / junior suite circa 450 /night there are numerous alternatives in the neighbourhood, inc the Ritz, Dorchester, Berkeley, Browns etc etc.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

Thankyou again everyone.

10. Re: Is the Sheraton Park Lane really that bad???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 13:16