We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Topic
The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

"From December, the line will run to Hammersmith in west London using tracks it shares with District, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines."

The new service will run from Hammersmith to Edgware Road station where it will join the Circle Line and make a single loop back to Edgware Road.

It will then reverse and do the full circle anti-clockwise, returning to Hammersmith.

…bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7926242.stm

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,020 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

It'll annoy the folk who used go through Edgware Road as at some point they'll have to get off to change trains

And the fun of TWO Paddington Tube stations...

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

There have always been 2 Paddington stations, and it's a good thing, especially for me as I often travel from Hammersmith to Moorgate. So can we change the name from the Circle line to the Teacup line?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,020 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

There's always been 2 Paddington Stations but not on the same Tube Line.

But how are they going to handle the chaos at Edgware Road when people travelling clockwise from Notting Hill have to change as well as people heading to Notting Hill anti-clockwise

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

Scores of people already change at Edgware Road from District to Circle or H&C and vice versa. With more services I don't see that as a major problem although it would be nice if more announcements were made as to the next train out.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

So does that mean that they are upgrading the Hammersmith and City platform at Paddington? You'd have to feel sorry for any unsuspecting tourist who is confronted by the wildebeast migration to catch the train down south-west at rush hour.....

Still, if it means that the trains don't grind to a halt for no obvious reason at Edgware Road (thereby virtually guaranteeing that you'll miss your train) then I'm all for it.

You have to feel sorry for the station(s) staff this Christmas....mayhem!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

So what about the H&C Line ?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

According to an LU spokesperson "The added benefit will be the improved service on the Hammersmith & City Line from Edgware Road round to Hammersmith, almost doubling the frequency on that route."

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

I'm happy since part of my daily journey involves waiting for the Hammersmith and City line. Now there will be Circle lines in the mix, which will mean less waiting at Baker Street. If you arrive just as the Hammersmith and City line train is pulling away, it's a tiresome wait - particularly when you're late for work.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

> the Teacup line? <

Paperclip Line, surely?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Circle line not to be so Circle in the future

Hmm, I wonder how this is going to affect people doing the Circle Line pub crawl.