We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to eat

Hey there

im heading to london soon wit my boyfriend were but students so not on a big budget can anyone recomend some nice places to eat?? would be greatly appreciated tanx

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Concord, California
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

where are you staying?

check under restaurants for reviews and suggestions,and type in your requirements.

I like Pret a manger,a place with salads,sandwiches and drinks. Try grocery stores for sandwiches for lunch. what kind of food do you like?

ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

i love fish and chips but i would be open to trying must things as long as that doesnt involve raw fish!

also does AIB or Ulsterbank atm cards work in london?

tanx for posting back

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

Stockpot is one of the favourites for those who want to eat heartily on a budget. There are two in Soho, one on Panton Street and one on Old Compton Street. As a standby, there's always the Wetherspoon pub chain.

ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

stockpot sounds perfect thank you very much

Concord, California
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

as for the cards,I would check with your bank first.

Concord, California
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

michelle2305,do you like Indian food? seems london is a great place for trying it.I went to a good place in soho,but it was a while ago and I don't remember the name.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Have a look at some of the tips on this "thread for the financially challenged"

http://tinyurl.com/3ytgbu

The Wetherspoons in London are the same as where you are, and offer the same deals, including currently meals for £2.99 which is a terrific bargain.

I also like the Nicholson range of pubs which are usually more interesting places, and they are currently offering 2 meals for £10, and this is a map and list of where they are:

http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk/

London, England
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat

Brick Lane near Whitechapel in the East End

London's best and cheapest Indian restuarnts; possibly 100 of 'em in one street- London's Banglatown. Then after you can wander half a mile north to the uber-trendy bars of Shoreditch and Hoxton.

London
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat

Try Cafe Emm, Frith Street, People normally queue out of the door after 7pm. Well worth the wait though. Cheap food and generous portions.

www.cafeemm.com

Another is the Bistro 1 chain.

My favourite is Beak Street, just off Carnaby Street (good shopping). They are all good though, not many places you can get 3 course meal for £11. Lunch you'll pay £7.90 for 3 courses.

www.bistro1.co.uk

10. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 11:20