We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne,
Level Contributor
234 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

Ticketmaster says all general tickets for all concerts have sold out.Is this a ploy to get us to buy the expensive ones?Do you think they will open up more general seating at some stage?I'd like to see him in August.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

According to the news here all the concerts have sold out, even the ones announced for early next year.

The only way to purchase tickets will probably pay over the odds when people sell them on ebay.

Wish you luck getting a ticket.

Fremont, Ohio
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

There are many, many tickets for sale on the internet at wildly inflated prices. Unfortunately, I am going to pay for them because I want to see him so badly! I, too, am planning an August trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

> wildly inflated prices <

If they are the price the market is willing to pay for them, it's hard to say that they are inflated. They may be considerably above the face value, but that just says that the box office underpriced them.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

The 'Buy it Now' ones where people aren't having too much of a laugh (double the face value, approx.) are going very quickly, but they are there.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,667 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

You'll be able to get hotel / ticket packages

wirral
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

Cant believe what Greenwichnick said! I like may others failed to get tickets although I tried constantly throughout the pre sale and general sale. My tickets obviously sold to a tout who is only interested in money and genuine fans like myself miss out!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

The market price for these tickets is clearly what they will sell for on eBay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

If anybody is planning to visit random internet sites to buy these tickets, just beware that many of them are bogus, new ticket sites crop up all the time. Make sure its not you that pays loadsa money for nothing.

I'm no expert but I have had friends caught out like this before. I don't want to spoil anyones fun but equally don't want anybody to be out of pocket and really dissappointed when their tickets don't show up.

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

I was lucky to get tickets for Feb 2010 but really wanted to see him in July 09 so have bought a ticket/hotel package for then can hardly wait am so excited :)

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are Michael Jackson tickets really sold out?

there are about half a million on ebay and the likes of viagogo! for like £200+ a seat!! Only a mug would pay anything like that.

who in all honesty believes MJ could manage to do 50 dates?, its all such a rip-off grossly hyped-up con.